- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Morehead City area promotional catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those wonderful attractions at a frequently considerable discounted.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discount rates. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer their customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and selection of weekly properties available in the Morehead City area. With such a big selection, clients are certain to discover a rental home that matches their desires and spending budget.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to manage promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance.
We have developed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and reserving the best vacation property:
Do you think " Spacious, Expansive Ocean View w/ Direct Beach Access" is the best vacation property for your next visit? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. A lot of groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Decide on a Village and Date
Consensus can often be challenging among close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure " Spacious, Expansive Ocean View w/ Direct Beach Access" suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a costly rental property. Most of the time, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Do you primarily want a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Frequently the older generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of property postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Do not forget to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your best chance of a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting " Spacious, Expansive Ocean View w/ Direct Beach Access", along with any other fees which may be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to be sure you've packed all belongings.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental home? Many rental home websites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to note that in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.