How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guides with special deals for rental properties, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Is it possible to change your vacation week? The off-peak seasons will offer you terrific rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are most anticipating during your stay? If there's a certain Morehead City activity which you just love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and wide range of short term properties available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to fit their Morehead City crew, from calm condos to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation rentals in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Do you think "OCEANFRONT...Clean, Cozy, Comfy...Family Oriented, WELL MAINTAINED" is the best rental home for your next getaway? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many popular destinations, In Morehead City the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Start by deciding which particular area of Morehead City you'd like to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental property
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure "OCEANFRONT...Clean, Cozy, Comfy...Family Oriented, WELL MAINTAINED" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Special Factors to consider
In some cases the senior generation has problems with stairways. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the gang travelling with a four-legged friend? Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
Once the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often times have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read The Agreement
Read the entire contract and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Property management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
After you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any needed repairs.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many complications.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of suggestions.
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your review.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you've gained valuable experience that will help with the next search.