- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this Property(Linens, cleaning service, and sales tax are included in the nightly pricing!!!)
"OLD SALT" has 4 bedrooms (four queens, one full, and one twin); 2 1/2 baths (master has a walk-in shower and Jacuzzi), living room with two couches that have 4 recliners, a completely furbished kitchen, washer & dryer, covered front porch with glider/chairs, open balcony off of upstairs master. Home has high speed internet, cable vision with all channels in downstairs living area and Netflix set in each bedroom).
Home includes full hot and cold enclosed outdoor shower, gas grille, and corn-hole boards. Our home can accommodate five full sized cars (includingSuv's). Appreciate parking once and walking to the beach, eateries, THE CIRCLE, shopping areas and beach side volleyball.
Home is also a brief distance from children's park including a water splash area, skate board park and mini-golf area.
The aquarium, , fishing docks, and Fort Macon State Park are only a brief driving distance away. Morehead City is just over the bridge -home to tons of dining areas, docks, and nighttime life.
(Linens and cleaning service are supplied in the pricing. )
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses supply Morehead City area travel books which feature coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or by a partnership between the property manager and the business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat individuals of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Morehead City atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to facilitate web advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "ONE 1/2 MINUTE WALK TO BEACH.... COME & ENJOY THE FALL WITH US!" is the perfect rental property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Morehead City the best rental homes are booked early. To guarantee the best choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Morehead City getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of organizing your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental property. Generally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each party's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you want a rental with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Even though quite a few rental homes permit household pets, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Once the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the whole contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be painless. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 2.1 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.3 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.4 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 2.2 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 2.4 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.1 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 4.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 4.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 4.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 2.2 miles