Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation houses supply Morehead City area promotional books that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or via a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide phenomenal offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get financial savings. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Morehead City activity that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide range of short term vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to come across a property which matches their wishes and spending budget.
The majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to assist with promoting and advertising, cleaning and routine maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Before you book " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view", go through our brief list of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Morehead City rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Decide on a Community and Date
Agreement can often be tricky among members of the family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
How many family members are joining your vacation? Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Check to make sure " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a pricey rental. In most cases, a single person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you want a rental property with open-air lounge? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Will the rental have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. While a number of rental homes permit canine companions, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be restricted. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
As soon as the area, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. This is most effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit vacant.
Study the Entire Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
After you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Call the property manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many rental property websites ask for testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something was wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Otherwise, you have acquired useful experience to aid with the next search.