- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySouthwinds has and is undergoing renovations still after hurricane Florence! If you reserve, understand that while our unit is fine and inviting, many buildings have some construction ongoing! Our building-I- won’t be undergoing much until mid- late August- Other owners across the island have raised prices, as unit here seems to be going fast! I lowered mine to compensate my renters for any noise inconvenience that may occur during your stay- it’s been a tough road for our area and our complex! Insurance companies held our monies so it’s been slow finishing repairs in many buildings (including our I building)-
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars more in costs on realtor managed units! You never know the condition of beds, couches, appliances, etc. Everything in our unit is new & modern! Want tidy? This is the unit to adore your holiday!
Read all the positive reviews on our gorgeously refreshed 2BD, 1.5BA condo on 2nd floor (no elevator, but 2nd floor doesn’t have an overload of steps)- you will have a great sea view and wave sounds from this unit- new wood floors, Corian® counters, stainless appliances, appealing furnishings, NEW comfortable beds, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and new tiled shower and stone vanity in main bathroom! Master BD has a new (4/2018) memory foam/ cool gel bed on the giant king bed with plush linens- not stiff sheets and blankets (also with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed- prevents dust mites & bed bugs) and 1/2 BA-
2nd BD has a new (5/2017) memory foam queen size bed (with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed) and a new (4/2018) memory foam/cool gel twin bed. The complex has 2 spectacular pools, one of which is right outdoor our front door and down the steps! Another min. and you are at the beach walkway to go oceanside! Many amenities of home here to give you a calming beach trip! We have tried to put things in our unit that we appreciated when we were renting every year! Kitchen is outfitted well enough to be able to prepare meals with EASE-new microwave, toaster, blender, 10 cup coffeemaker, & many preparing items/ silverware are in the unit. You will feel right at home here! Exceptionally CLEAN and modern unit!!
SUPER FAST WIFI is available for most seasons-we pay additional for streaming level WIFI- need netflix fast speeds? We have it!!
Price INCLUDES linens (quality sheets, blankets, bath towels, etc.) for ALL time periods. Paper products and soaps are not guaranteed- washer & dryer on premises only! Not in unit; the complex offers one complimentary dryer.
NO family dogs and cats please- as owner is asthmatic & highly allergic! Forfeiture of monies will occur if found to be breaking this rule!
Unit will welcome 2 well behaved children max.
Note on cancellations: 60 days is REQUIRED to receive any refund!! Mandatory evacuations called by local officials is the ONLY exception to this rule, as that is not a renters fault. ALL renters have the option to buy cancellation insurance! If you choose NOT to, that is your prerogative, but, it wont be the owner's loss if something occurs and you need to cancel after that 60 day window closes. IF there is enough time, I will surely try to get NEW renters for the dates you cancelled-
if I re- rent, I will refund your money minus the costs Vacation Rental By Owner takes from me.
Long term units welcome from October- March-costs are reduced up to 60% for these. You can’t beat an sea view for roughly $40 nightly. A higher cleaning fee is all we raise-
inquire with owner if you would like a 30-90 day rental and what that entails-
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses provide Morehead City area travel discount catalogs which feature deals, either offered individually by vendors, or by a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Are the trip dates changeable? The off-peak seasons generally offer amazing rates on rental accommodations.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning visitors of the same rental. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity you are most anticipating ? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to learn just how many vacation homes are offered in Morehead City. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you think " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view" is the best rental property for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned hot spots, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked very early. To guarantee the very best choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Morehead City rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Select a Community and Date
Agreement can often be tricky among relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a costly rental property. A single individual in your group needs to be in charge of collecting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the rental have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Do individual members of your crew have specific needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. Although many rentals allow animals, rules and fees vary per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the entire contract and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Many property management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to go back? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 2.1 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.5 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.3 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 2.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.2 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Carolina Princess - 1.6 miles