- 6 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyGraley Cottage exudes all the appeal of a classic beach bungalow from the 50’s but has been modernized and appealingly furbished to include all the modern amenities. Just a brief walk from the outdoor space over the gentle dunes to the beach and surf, Graley Cottage is oceanfront in a peaceful family neighborhood on a cul-de-sac in the highly alluring Club Colony area of Atlantic Beach. It includes 6 bedrooms (including two separate master suites), 5 & ½ baths, 2 separate family/tv areas (great for when the children want to watch their own movies), a roomy oceanfront family room and adjoining voluminous dining room for your family gatherings, and a breathtaking outdoor space for relishing the dunes and sea vistas.
The bungalow is supplied with high speed internet , wireless internet, unlimited phone calls within the US and Canada, two DVD players, Cable TV service, a 42 inch flat screen HD TV in the first floor family room and a 32 inch flat screen TV in the upstairs family room. Each of the bedrooms have a 10 inch tablet for your comfort which is supplied with TWC and Netflix. There is a travel size DVD player with screen in black case in sitting room which is great for watching cildren's DVD's. There is generous outdoor parking for up to 6 cars plus 1 car in garage.
The first floor exterior includes a sizable covered beach side porch and sun outdoor space with dining table, dining chairs and rocking chairs ideal for savoring that first cup of coffee in the morning, for watching boats and dolphins go by, for appealing sunset dinners or late nighttime libations. While you are calming on the outdoor space, the children can play in the swing or hammock below. The first floor exterior also includes a covered street side porch ideal for just hanging out in the rocking chairs. Both beach side and street side porches are connected by a delightful wraparound outdoor space.
The interior first floor consists of the big family room and master bedroom (with a Queen bed and ensuite bath with tub & shower) both overlooking the beach, two additional bedrooms (each with a Queen bed) that share a full bath with walk-in shower, another smaller study/bedroom with a twin bed and a close by full bath with tub & shower, a handsome thoroughly-supplied kitchen with bespoke made cabinetry and granite counter tops which opens to a incredible dining room.
The second floor includes a second master bedroom with a queen bed, ensuite bath with walk-in shower, and walk-in closet, a second bedroom with two double beds (and a fold out twin & twin air bed in the closet) and a close by full bath with a tub & shower, and a second family room ideal for children to hang out and play or watch tv. This room is supplied with toys, books, games and DVD’s to entertain the children.
The street level includes a utility room with washer/dryer,a half bath, a second refrigerator/freezer, a gas grille, a charcoal grille, a huge storage area with road bicycles, beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, a kayak, a long board, body boards, paddle boards, fishing rods and related beach gear, and two indoor showers and one outdoor shower (good for post beach showers).
In brief, Graley Cottage is the ideal place for family fun where you can adore all the sea has to offer from just a shells throw from the surf. You will want to return every year.
Keywords: Beach home, Oceanfront, Great vistas, Atlantic Beach, Quiet, Cottage
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply Morehead City area promotional travel guides that feature promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows travelers to discover the same attractions at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Could you change your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer incredible rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly looking forward to ? If there's a specific Morehead City atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer customers the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to manage advertising campaigns, housekeeping services and maintenance.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be delighted to know that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental:
Before you decide to book "Spectacular Oceanfront Family Cottage Retreat in Atlantic Beach!", read through our short list of issues to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Morehead City rental homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Decide on a Community and Time
Consensus can be tough among loved ones, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Remember that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Does your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for getting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you only want a vacation home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Optimal access can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a pet dog? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Many limitations could dismiss a prospective rental home. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Your greatest chance of a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Contract
Read through the complete contract and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Rental
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their vacation? Maybe everything was fantastic and you are ready to re-book the rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental home wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.0 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 1.0 miles