- 6 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyGraley Cottage exudes all the grace of a classic beach bungalow from the 50’s but has been redone and charmingly furbished to include all the modern comforts. Just a brief walk from the outdoor space over the gentle dunes to the beach and surf, Graley Cottage is oceanfront in a peaceful family neighborhood on a cul-de-sac in the highly beautiful Club Colony area of Atlantic Beach. It includes 6 bedrooms (including two separate master suites), 5 & ½ baths, 2 separate family/tv areas (great for when the children want to watch their own movies), a huge oceanfront family room and adjoining cavernous dining room for your family gatherings, and a astonishing outdoor space for savoring the dunes and sea vistas.
The bungalow is supplied with high speed internet , wireless internet, unlimited phone calls within the US and Canada, two DVD players, Cable TV service, a 42 inch flat screen HD TV in the first floor family room and a 32 inch flat screen TV in the upstairs family room. Each of the bedrooms have a 10 inch tablet for your appreciation which is supplied with TWC and Netflix. There is a travel size DVD player with screen in black case in sitting room which is great for watching cildren's DVD's. There is copious outdoor parking for up to 6 cars plus 1 car in garage.
The first floor exterior includes a enormous covered beach side porch and sun outdoor space with dining table, dining chairs and rocking chairs ideal for appreciating that first cup of coffee in the morning, for watching boats and dolphins go by, for calming sunset dinners or late nighttime libations. While you are appealing on the outdoor space, the children can play in the swing or hammock below. The first floor exterior also includes a covered street side porch ideal for just hanging out in the rocking chairs. Both beach side and street side porches are connected by a pretty wraparound outdoor space.
The interior first floor consists of the roomy family room and master bedroom (with a Queen bed and ensuite bath with tub & shower) both overlooking the beach, two additional bedrooms (each with a Queen bed) that share a full bath with walk-in shower, another smaller study/bedroom with a twin bed and a close by full bath with tub & shower, a refined entirely-supplied kitchen with bespoke made cabinetry and granite counter tops which opens to a fabulous dining room.
The second floor includes a second master bedroom with a queen bed, ensuite bath with walk-in shower, and walk-in closet, a second bedroom with two double beds (and a fold out twin & twin air bed in the closet) and a close by full bath with a tub & shower, and a second family room ideal for children to hang out and play or watch tv. This room is outfitted with toys, books, games and DVD’s to entertain the children.
The street level includes a utility room with washer/dryer,a half bath, a second refrigerator/freezer, a gas grille, a charcoal grille, a sizable storage area with road bicycles, beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, a kayak, a long board, body boards, paddle boards, fishing rods and related beach gear, and two indoor showers and one outdoor shower (good for post beach showers).
In brief, Graley Cottage is the ideal place for family fun where you can appreciate all the sea has to offer from just a shells throw from the surf. You will want to return every year.
Keywords: Beach home, Oceanfront, Great vistas, Atlantic Beach, Quiet, Cottage
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Morehead City area promotional magazines which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property manager and the local itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Shoulder seasons offer incredible prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Some vacation rental companies offer discounted rates to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific activity you are most anticipating ? If there's a specific Morehead City activity you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and selection of short-term rental homes available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Morehead City crew, from calm condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Do you believe "Spectacular Oceanfront Family Cottage Retreat in Atlantic Beach!" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming visit? Read this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Morehead City rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Agreement can be tough between family, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Be mindful that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, contact the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Many rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure everyone understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are bed sheets included with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Proper accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a family pet? Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. A number of constraints might dismiss a potential rental home. Read your contract carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read through the Total Contract
Read through the complete agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems when you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any necessary fixes. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Most rental home web sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest with regards to stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to fix the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to go back? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific home away from home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.0 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 1.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles