Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send printed travel guides with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your vacation dates flexible? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum pricing.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of property management companies provide discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for during your stay? If there's a particular Morehead City activity that you love, search for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to learn the number of properties are available in Morehead City. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with booking, checking-in, cleaning, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Do you believe "PANORAMIC VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN" is the best rental property for your next getaway? Look over this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Morehead City rentals start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Pick a Village and Date
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of organizing your trip is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes more straightforward.
Select a Size
Determine who is traveling, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Most rentals are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your selected week. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One individual in your party must be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your family trying to find? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Does the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Occasionally the senior generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew visiting with a dog or cat? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will have a unique selection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular rate, travelers will need to pay local taxes when booking "PANORAMIC VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN", along with various other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required call the property manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to assure you've gathered all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many property management companies and rental search sites permit customers to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to correct the issue.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you are ready to reserve the rental for next year. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.