- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this Property"Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is a newly remodeled holiday hideaway just steps from the beach on one side and the sound on the other! This single story 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow is pet neighborly and has all of the niceties including kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, open concept dining and living area and a laundry closet with over/under washer dryer. Two bedrooms (Bedroom 1 King bed, Bedroom 2 two Twins) complete the 800+ sqft beach hideaway.
The new 16ft adjoining patio with seating and gas grille provides for calming evenings after a day in the sun. Access to an outdoor shower is available. A private paved driveway entrance has room for 3 cars or a combination of car, boat & trailer (<20ft). The EI bicycle path is adjacent to the unit for family cycling or a charming walk/jog. This bungalow is adjacent but not attached to another unit.
Reservations are for a minimum 3 nighttime stay. Check-in at 3pm, check-out at 10am. This is a Non-Smoking unit. Response guaranteed within hours.
Dogs (2 dog max/40 lbs. or less) are allowed with pre-approval and a non-returnable pet deposit. Don't hesitate to inquire about having a bigger dog. The pet deposit is $100 per stay.
Linens are supplied which includes sheets for all beds, bath towels, hand towels, washcloths and kitchen towels. Beach towels are not included and bath towels are not to be removed from the bungalow.
Personal concierge service at check-in and check-out with a single point of contact for questions, maintenance or after-hours emergencies.
There is a returnable damage deposit of $150.
In addition to the beach and sound that are both 1 min. walking distance, near-by attractions include Island Water Sports located within walking distance, the North Carolina Aquarium, the Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier and Fort Macon State Park. Activities include cycling, jet skis, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, kayaking and miniature golf. Other points of interest include Morehead City and Beaufort attractions.
Local eateries mins. from the bungalow include the Crab Shack, Port Of Telephone, the Big Oak and more.
This bungalow is single story, great for retired folks or families with children. Great parking and minimal steps to the beach make it very convenient for taking fast trips back and forth to the beach carrying essentials or taking breaks for meals. Lots of room, open floor plan and an outdoor patio for sunrise coffee or evening cookouts. If you're looking for a peaceful inviting setting with access to both the sound and also a family chummy beach with plenty of room to relish the sea, look for shells, read a rent or swim, "Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is the place to stay.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with special packages for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons provide incredible savings.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners typically offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Morehead City area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to come across a rental home that matches their wishes and spending budget.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping families with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as maintenance issues that may arise.
Here are some ideas and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Do you think "*Great Stay!* Emerald Isle Bungalow One Minute Walk to Both Beach & Sound!" is the best vacation property for your next family vacation? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Morehead City rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Morehead City getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Village and Date
Start by figuring out which specific area of Morehead City you prefer to browse, and the determine travel dates.
Pick a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make sure that "*Great Stay!* Emerald Isle Bungalow One Minute Walk to Both Beach & Sound!" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a costly rental. One member of your family will need to be responsible for gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Do a few members of your crew have special needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Even though many vacation homes allow furry friends, guidelines and charges vary per rental. A number of restrictions may dismiss a potential rental. Read your agreement carefully! Charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
When you have identified your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest potential for a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Nearly all rental property web sites request testimonials after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they feel about the rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning will be quick. Maybe the rental was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Island Water Sports - 0.1 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 1.3 miles
- Crab Shack - 1.4 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 1.5 miles
- Port Of Call - 1.5 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.2 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 3.8 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 2.3 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 0.0 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 1.1 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 1.4 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 1.5 miles