- Emerald Isle
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this Property"Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is a freshly refreshed holiday hideaway just steps from the beach on one side and the sound on the other! This single story 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow is pet helpful and has all of the amenities including kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, open concept dining and living area and a laundry closet with over/under washer dryer. Two bedrooms (Bedroom 1 King bed, Bedroom 2 two Twins) complete the 800+ sqft beach hideaway.
The new 16ft adjoining patio with seating and gas grille provides for calming evenings after a day in the sun. Access to an outdoor shower is available. A private paved driveway entrance has room for 3 cars or a combination of car, boat & trailer. The EI bicycle path is adjacent to the unit for family cycling or a delightful walk/jog. This bungalow is adjacent but not attached to another unit.
Reservations are for a minimum 3 nighttime stay. Check-in at 3pm, check-out at 10am. This is a Non-Smoking unit. Response guaranteed within hours.
Dogs (2 dog max/40 lbs. or less) are allowed with pre-approval and a non-returnable pet deposit. Don't hesitate to inquire about having a bigger dog. The pet deposit is $100 per stay.
Linens are included which includes sheets for all beds, bath towels, hand towels, washcloths and kitchen towels. Beach towels are not supplied and bath towels are not to be removed from the bungalow.
Personal concierge service at check-in and check-out with a single point of contact for questions, maintenance or after-hours emergencies.
There is a returnable damage deposit of $150.
In addition to the beach and sound that are both 1 min. walking distance, near-by attractions include Island Water Sports located within walking distance, the North Carolina Aquarium, the Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier and Fort Macon State Park. Activities include cycling, jet skis, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, kayaking and miniature golf. Other points of interest include Morehead City and Beaufort attractions.
Local eateries mins. from the bungalow include the Crab Shack, Port Of Telephone, the Big Oak and more.
This bungalow is single story, great for retired folks or families with children. Great parking and minimal steps to the beach make it very convenient for taking speedy trips back and forth to the beach carrying essentials or taking breaks for meals. Lots of room, open floor plan and an outdoor patio for sunrise coffee or evening cookouts. If you're looking for a peaceful appealing setting with access to both the sound and also a family affable beach with plenty of room to appreciate the sea, look for shells, read a rent or swim, "Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is the place to stay.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with promotions for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip week? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for price reductions. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is downtown units with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are available in Morehead City. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage marketing and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think "*Great Stay!* Emerald Isle Bungalow One Minute Walk to Both Beach & Sound!" is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Morehead City the best rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many groups decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Begin by picking which particular area of Morehead City you'd like to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be aware that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain "*Great Stay!* Emerald Isle Bungalow One Minute Walk to Both Beach & Sound!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your group must be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Special Issues to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a pup? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
A number of internet resources exist to match visitors with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the whole agreement and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary repairs.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Even if you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home should really be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit customers to offer feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Did they like the property? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 1.3 miles
- Crab Shack - 1.4 miles
- Port Of Call - 1.5 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.2 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 3.8 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 2.3 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 0.0 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 1.1 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 1.4 miles