- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyYou will adore this classic beach home that sits right on the sea with upstairs and downstairs porches affording ridiculous vistas and sea access! It is peaceful and appealing, old school, with no frills, but with all that is needed for a fun stay at the beach in a super location.
There are 2 full baths with showers, a third bath with a claw foot tub, and another half bath.
The downstairs master has private bath and king bed. The upstairs has 4 bedrooms, 2 with king size beds. One of the king rooms also has 3 twins and is usually claimed by our grandchildren. The other 2 bedrooms upstairs have queen size beds. There is a full bath with shower upstairs as well as a half bath.
Additionally, there is an outdoor shower which we all seem to prefer in the summer. All linens are supplied, towels and sheets, as well as a outfitted kitchen, including mixer, blender, processor, toaster, coffee maker, pots/pans and preparing silverware. There are games, books and puzzles that tend to accumulate over the years. Bikes, beach games/toys, rafts etc camp out in the basement/garage. The washer/dryer are in the basement as well. Most of our time is spent on the porch and front outdoor space,overlooking the sea. There is most often a excellent wind and always a spectacular view. A gas grille can be rolled out of the garage for grilling. A second refrigerator is in the basement which comes in handy for additional drinks, overflow food and a little additional freezer space.
This home has been in our family a very long time and our memories from all the years are rich. It is an old classic, which we appreciate, and very appealing, inviting you to relax and savor your stay at the beach. You can feel the appreciate when you walk in the door. The location is super, in a very amiable, family aligned neighborhood. Handily, groceries, eateries and stores are all within a mile.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Morehead City area printed travel catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property manager and the merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to discover the very same activities with a generally considerable discounted.
- In a position to alter your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain experience you are most getting excited about ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an optimum retreat to fit their Morehead City crew, from relaxing condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and practical knowledge to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Do you believe "Classic beach house right on the ocean. " is the perfect rental property for your upcoming visit? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer escapes..
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Quite often, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else is simplier and easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you need to have. Keep in mind that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Does your chosen rental suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each party understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One member of your family must be in charge of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your group trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you want to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are sheet sets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Adequate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the crew travelling with a pet? Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Your best opportunity for a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental needs to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks brimming with pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be addressed before you leave.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If the property and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they like the property? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning will be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 2.1 miles
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 2.6 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.9 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.1 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.5 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.7 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 5.0 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 2.7 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 1.0 miles
- Carolina Princess - 2.8 miles
- Morehead City Marlins Baseball - 3.1 miles