- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many official tourism bureaus supply promotional guides with savings for rental homes, dining and attractions. Look for these publications and coupon books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the very same wonderful attractions at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Can you adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Some management companies offer concessions to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly getting excited about ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and locations you are most looking forward to.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Morehead City family, from calm condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
We have put together a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book the right rental property:
Do you think "Gorgeous Ocean Front Beach Cottage!" is the best rental for your upcoming visit? Read this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your trip. Holiday reunions are a popular time for groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Sometimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be much easier.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you should have. Bear in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Check to make sure "Gorgeous Ocean Front Beach Cottage!" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking a costly rental home. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental home with patio lounge? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the rental have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Often times the elder generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the gang traveling with a pup? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and breeds could be controlled. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest potential for a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the property manager immediately. This may protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to provide feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. How did they feel about the rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with another search.