- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyWelcome to Pirate's Hideaway! Located in pretty Pine Knoll Shores, Beachwalk is right across the street from the Aquarium and the Roosevelt Natural area. Pirate's Hideaway is located on the first floor (no stairs to climb) making it a wind to unload and easier to access for our more seasoned visitors. As you enter, you will be drawn to the gorgeous vistas of the Atlantic Sea. The outdoor space spans the entire width of the unit, accepting access from the living room as well as a private entrance to the master bedroom. You will appreciate oceanfront vistas and hear the waves crashing on the shore from your voluminous private outdoor space or from the beach inspired open-concept living room and kitchen. From the outdoor space take a very brief walk (30 paces Matey!) along a wooden walkway to the beach. The pool is located next to the unit so you can watch your children play and call them in for dinner without ever leaving your back outdoor space.
After you gather for libations at the gazebo watching the sunset, relax in the oceanfront master suite complete with it's own adjoining bathroom or in one of the other two bedrooms both with their own bathrooms. The condo also includes a sleeper couch ensuring everybody has sufficient space to spread out and accommodates 8 people restfully.
The unit is completely outfitted to ensure your appreciation and reduce your need to over pack. Brand new items include coffee maker (not Keurig), blender, 4 slice toaster, cookware, etc. There is also a bar area with sink , a full size washer and dryer and outdoor space furnishings. Linens are included with your rental (sheets and towels) as well as a pack-n-play, booster seat, high chair, games and puzzles. We also have a few beach chairs, umbrella, pool noodles, and floats for your comfort. So all you have to bring is your bathing suit!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and rental houses supply Morehead City area traveller discount magazines that feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property manager and the business itself. Look for these guides and coupon books, because this allows travelers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a possibly considerable discounted.
- In a position to modify your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental properties.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning vacationers to the same property. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific customers, whether it is downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Morehead City atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to discover the number of rental homes are located in their area of interest. With such a big selection, renters are sure to find a property which matches their expectations and spending plan.
Nearly all rental homes in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful First Floor Oceanfront Condo Renovated 2019", go through our brief collection of things to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Morehead City rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Many families choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Start by determining which specific area of Morehead City you want to browse, and the approximate trip dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Remember that that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
The majority of rental homes are presented with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It may be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a costly rental. One individual in your group needs to be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What home features is the group interested in? Do you simply desire a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental charge? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Proper access could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure to include your pets. Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of comparable properties that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. If you find property damage, or if fixes are required contact the property manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most property management companies and rental search sites permit renters to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward with regards to your experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. How did they feel about the rental home? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Circa 81 - 3.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.9 miles
- Dank Burrito - 4.1 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.2 miles
- Island Water Sports - 4.5 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 0.9 miles
- Molly's Beachside Bar And Grill - 2.8 miles
- Surfari Restaurant and Bar - 2.9 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 2.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.9 miles
- Island Water Sports - 4.5 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 0.5 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 0.5 miles
- Crystal Coast Country Club - 2.1 miles
- Brandywine Bay Golf Club - 3.1 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 3.3 miles