- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCome appreciate the beauty of Emerald Isle in our newly redone BEACHFRONT duplex, Rustic Peacock West (or East or rent BOTH)!
Located at the highly sought after area of the island called the Point.
We completely made over both sides of this unit including a new saltwater pool (shared between east and west sides of duplex), quartz counter tops, linens, appliances, paint, and floor all over. SEE the NEW PHOTOS!
You will appreciate the private walkway to the beach, outdoor space overlooking a private pool (shared by both sides of duplex), ceiling fans in every room, covered parking, Wi-Fi, and Intelligent TVs in every room.
Spend your days on the biggest section of the beach right out your door or relax in the private pool for a change before retiring into the big and beachy amenities that the “Rustic Peacock” has to offer.
Being at the Point offers the option to play on the beach picking up shells or walk around the inlet and discover the Sound.
Emerald Isle faces south so you have unobstructed vistas of the SUNRISE AND SUNSET from your upper and lower decks!
Watching dolphins swim and play in the surf is another favorite pastime.
The Rustic Peacock West is ideal for families, guys' retreats, or ladies’ getaways… Rent this duplex (5 BR, 3 BA) or both sides (10 BR, 6 BA) and bring whole family! Telephone to rent both together. If the West side is booked for the dates you want, rent The East side which is Vacation Rental By Owner #1290224.
Weekly costs include linens, towels, and cleaning - No Hidden Fees
This is a non-smoking, no family dogs and cats allowed home.
Rents Saturday to Saturday.
Pricing is per side, not the entire duplex. But if interested in both sides, contact us for availability.
This unit (East and West) is our only rental so you can relax knowing you will be the focus of our attention! Telephone us anytime for tips on the local area.
Come stay at the Rustic Peacock where the sensational Atlantic Sea is in your backyard!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus supply guides with special packages for property management companies, dining and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a quite often considerable discounted.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer up significant bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve particular guests, whether it is downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Morehead City atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide selection of short-term rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an ideal retreat to fit their Morehead City group, from peaceful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to facilitate marketing and advertising, cleaning and maintenance.
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Finding and booking the right rental home:
Before you start to book "AMAZING VIEWS!! Beachfront Duplex (West) at the Point with a private POOL!", examine our short list of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Morehead City rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Consensus can be difficult between loved ones, but once this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a pricey rental property. In most cases, a single person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Does the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Does the home have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Do certain members of your crew have specialized needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental home. Examine your contract carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
When you have found your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when renting "AMAZING VIEWS!! Beachfront Duplex (West) at the Point with a private POOL!", in addition to any other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Be considerate of the local community. Often, surrounding properties are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward regarding your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to solve the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Ideally everything turned out to be fantastic and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for next year. If not, you've acquired valuable experience to aid with your next search.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 3.8 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.3 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.3 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.7 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 2.3 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 4.1 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 2.0 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 2.3 miles
- Harrikaâ€™s Brew Haus - 2.6 miles
- Water Boggan - 2.6 miles
- Dudley's Marina - 2.6 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 2.7 miles