- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFlexible and non-week units accepted. Write us with your questions or ideas! We want your family to have a great holiday on Emerald Isle and come back next year.
If you have more than 4 adults, please explain why in your renting request.
Our appealing beach home is 100 yards away from access to a peaceful beach. Remodeled 4 bed/3 baths in ideal shape. Unwind and savor full decks on both floors with sea sounds and vistas. Walkable grocery, eateries, shopping & mini golf. We want to know if something interferes with your appreciating your stay. House is outfitted with preparing essentials, and lines are PROVIDED!!
Absolutely No Smoking or dogs and cats. We request that visitors do not smoke near the home including the decks because some smoke smell inevitably finds its way into the home and we pride ourselves on including a "smoke-complimentary" experience as much as possible. If you smoke outdoor please try not to disturb renters on the other side of the duplex.
Check-in at 4 pm or after and check-out at 10 am on departure day.
Middle floor has a generous open kitchen and dining area with seating for eight. Two sliding doors to access the porch with table and chairs. One bedroom with 2 twins, and a shared downstairs bathroom. The living area has High-speed internet (30 Down/5 up) and TV with 200 Channels, in addition to Wii U + games.
Top floor has 2 queen bedrooms with access to the outdoor space and 1 shared bathroom. The master bedroom has a king bed with private bath.
Covered parking for 2 cars and parking pad, plus sizable driveway with generous room for cars. This is the blue door side of the duplex.
Washer/dryer and propane grille available.
There is a brief walk to the uncrowded Emerald Isle beach. This little group of homes has its own public entrance to the beach with NO public parking. Folks cannot park on our road so the only people that use this access are on this street. The home is at the end of peaceful cul-de-sac. There is essentially no traffic on our street or in front of the home. Most of the close by homes are units but we haven't noticed a lot of noise or seen any big events. They too have a no smoking, no family dogs and cats policy.
Often there is a outstanding tidal pool during low tide. As with any beach (especially one with sandbars and without lifeguards), know what to do in terms of rip tides. On Emerald Isle, we don't get the monster waves you see on the outer banks, but everybody should know about rip tides. We have life jackets for anyone who isn't a great swimmer.
Emerald Isle is bicycle welcoming with bicycle paths along the major roads and simple bicycle rental if you cannot bring your own. Bicycle or walk to the Emerald Plantation Shopping or Food Lion each morning to pick up a coffee or a food item. It's less than a mile away. You can walk comfortably to the pier via the beach (about a mile away). Emerald Isle Woods Park is also about a mile away and has a pretty view of the sound. Walking distance to water park, cinema, shopping, mini-golf, and eateries. Canoe units and surf shop are also walking distance.
Access: On your left, there is a public beach access. In the morning and evening, the beach isn't that busy. To get to the beach, turn right out of the home and walk to the end of the street.
Fishing: The Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier is a 1.6-mile drive or a 1-mile walk on the beach to the east. Surf fishing is trendy especially when the beaches are peaceful.
Equipment: The home has beach chairs and the usual collection of "floaty things" as the children call them. There are two beach carts.
Check-in/check-out: Standard Check-In time is 4 pm and check-out time is 10 am. These hours may be flexible depending on availability. If the home is cleaned and no one is in the home, we'll tell you and you can potentially check in as early as you like on that day.
Towels: Visitors should bring their own bath and beach towels. There isn't time to turn around the home for the next guest and tidy towels.
Parking: There is covered space for two cars (one behind the other). There is also a parking pad to the right where you can put another car.
Food in the House: We've tried to stock the kitchen with necessary silverware and cookware. If anything is missing, please tell us so we can address the problem. You will also find standard spices, common items (oil) and some standard refrigerator stuff. Thus you will find some items in the refrigerator. These items are left because when we have rented, we have been frustrated that preparing is hard without them and I end up doing additional runs to the grocery store. Please feel complimentary to use anything you find. If you have food you don't want to bring home and won't spoil in the next few weeks, feel complimentary to leave it.
Next Door: Keep in mind that we cannot control the behavior of visitors who rent the other half of the duplex - and they may smoke on their decks. Please tell us if their behavior (smoking or otherwise) interferes with your savoring your stay. Please do not park on their side (the West side) of the building
Food Lion in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center. The prices are reasonable. Note that they are swamped on Saturday when new people arrive. And all those folks can quickly empty the new veggies and fruit. To get to Emerald Plantation Shopping, drive out to the main road, turn right and it is about half a mile down on the left.
Lowes Foods (3.2 miles, 11 min drive) - A trip across the bridge; usually not necessary. They will shop for you and do delivery, however.
Piggly Wiggly (7 miles and 12 mins. away from the home): A convenient stop on the way in if you are coming in from Jacksonville. If you are coming in on a Saturday or Sunday it'll be much less busy.
There is plenty of convenient Shopping on Emerald Isle including in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center.
CVS Pharmacy - Photo too (1.1 miles, 3 min drive)
Finest Walmart on the way if you forgot something is Walmart Supercenter (41 miles, 54 mins.)
Closest Walmart to the home. Walmart Supercenter (18.6 miles, 26 mins.)
Local Activities: Right around the corner you'll find
Isle Have Fun Park (go-carts & amusements) and Lighthouse Golf
Hot Wax Surf and Paddle Sports Units about half a mile away that has units available.
Emerald Plantation Shopping Center Cinemas. It has 4 screens and usually 6 movies [yes, it does occasionally rain on the island]
Eateries in the Emerald Plantation Shopping Center:
Burger place (Hwy 55 Burger, Shakes, and Fries),
Pizza place (Michelangelo’s). Saturday nighttime is completely jammed. Telephone far in advance!
American style restaurant (Rucker Johns).
You can see pretty sunsets over the water at Emerald Isle Woods Park [about 1.5 miles away] - Turn left onto Reed Dr, after 0.4 mi, turn left onto Coast Guard Rd, after 0.5 mi turn right onto Cristina Ct, travel 0.3 miles and walk down the path to the water (about .3 miles)
Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium is located about 15 miles away
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will send tourism guide books with deals for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are the trip dates flexible? Shoulder seasons offer impressive savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies offer discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Advice
Many people are surprised to learn the number of rental homes can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are certain to discover a property that matches their expectations and spending budget.
Virtually all rental homes in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to realize that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Before you book "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!", review our short list of issues to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Morehead City vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Choose a Community and Date
Agreement can be tough between family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Try to remember that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, check to make sure everybody knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. One individual in your company will have to be in charge of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What property features is your group looking for? Do you primarily desire a rental with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Sometimes the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Although quite a few rentals allow cats and dogs, guidelines and fees vary per property. Many limitations may possibly eliminate a prospective rental. Read your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Start your Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having exceptional properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, guests will have to pay local taxes when booking "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the community. Often times, adjacent residences are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even though you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The property should be in good condition. Sinks filled with pots and pans, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all rental home websites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but honest in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be quick. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.0 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 0.2 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.2 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.5 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.5 miles
- Salt Ultra Lounge - 0.7 miles