- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMake yourself at home sweet home at our pretty home in the peaceful Dolphin Ridge neighborhood of Emerald Isle. Our sea-side three bedroom, two and a half bath home is just a three-min. walk to 25 miles of pristine beaches. Not up for the walk? Grab our golf cart and head to the private beach access. After a charming day at the beach, rinse off in our warm outdoor shower, and head to the front or back porch for a mojito. Then grab the bicycles and ride the new 11 mile bicycle path to dozens of eateries, bars, for a hike just up the road in Emerald Woods, to the grocery store, ice cream shop and stores. Once you park on first day here you wont have to crank that engine again. Everything you need is close by.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus supply printed guide books with special offers for lodging, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to experience those fantastic attractions with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are your travel dates flexible? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Some management companies provide price reductions to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of guests. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. You will definitely get the best value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn just how many rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Owners often select management companies to assist with marketing, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Do you believe "Surfari, beautiful home on the Crystal Coast" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Morehead City vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Morehead City getaway Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of visitors choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Select your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be difficult among family members, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Budget
The majority of vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you simply want a property with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Build a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your pets. While many rental homes allow dogs, rules and costs vary per rental. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many complications.
- Be considerate of the local community. Many times, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites permit renters to provide reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
How did they like the rental choice? Maybe everything was outstanding and you are excited to re-book the property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 2.3 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.9 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.2 miles
- The Trading Post - 2.2 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 2.3 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.8 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.6 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.9 miles
- Water Boggan - 1.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 1.3 miles
- Teezher Charters - 1.3 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 1.3 miles