- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMaster bedroom has a queen size bed, tv w/basic cable and an upper outdoor space with chairs. View of the sea. Guest room has 2 double beds and flat screen tv. There is a full kitchen with a washer and dryer. The den/dinette has an entertainment center, wifi, and a convertible queen size couch. The lower outdoor space has a table and chairs and a charcoal grille. Shopping, movie theater, NC state aquarium, Fort Macon, putt-putt, bumper cars, go-karts, etc... are mins. away along with ferries to both Shackleford Island and Cape Lookout lighthouse. On the unit there is a community pool and outdoor space overlooking and with direct access to the beach where sun, sand, and surf fishing are just feet away on a polished beach.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Morehead City area printed travel magazines which include promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Just want to avoid the crowds of people and save some money? Off-peak times offer tremendous savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discount rates. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular activity you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most excited about.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be shocked to learn how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to learn that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Oceanside Townhome Less Than 75 Yard Walk To The Beach" is the best rental for your next getaway? Read this guide to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Morehead City vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Morehead City getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough between members of the family, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of rental homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your desired trip. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving an expensive rental property. Usually, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the rental have bicycles and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Most rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at many vacation rentals, but policies differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when renting "Oceanside Townhome Less Than 75 Yard Walk To The Beach", along with any other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any critical repairs. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, adjacent properties are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even if you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, substantial sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before you leave.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to be certain no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental management companies and rental search sites permit renters to provide feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? With some luck everything turned out to be wonderful and you are happy to reserve the rental for your next vacation. If the property was not perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 4.0 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.3 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.2 miles
- Dank Burrito - 3.5 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.6 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.6 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 1.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.3 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.5 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 4.7 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 0.7 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 0.7 miles
- Crystal Coast Country Club - 1.5 miles
- Crystal Coast Ecotours - 2.9 miles