- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyDue to damage sustained during Hurricane Florence, we are not currently accepting additional reservations for the 2019 season.
Welcome to “The Pointe” at Emerald Isle. Our home is uniquely located with expansive vistas of the Atlantic Sea, Bogue Sound, Innercoastal Waterways and the ideal sand dunes that are always changing.
The most impressive and unique quality of this home is the location. It is across the peaceful street from the outstanding beach area known as The Point. Here you have access to the three different bodies of water where you can swim or surf in the sea, fish in the inlet, or bathe in the warm sound. Finding a private place on the beach to spend the day is smooth here. There is also an abundance of marine life and bird sanctuaries.
The home is well appointed with a huge great room, kitchen, dining area and master suite on the top floor. There is a walkway to a elevated gazebo to adore some of the most exemplary vistas anywhere on the island.
The lower level of the home has a second living room, four bedrooms and a laundry room. There are 4 1/2 bathrooms appropriately located all over the home. On the ground level, there is an old-style covered area in case the weather requires it. And there is a swimming pool and hot-tub located on the side of the home.
In August 2018 the home became ours and was given an immediate makeover with all new linens, bath towels, beach towels and other luxuries.
Two guest storage areas home bicycles, beach and pool accessories, coolers and other items. It is what we use when we are at the home and all available for your use. The bicycles are a big plus.
Explore the rest of the listing to learn more about our home and this incredible area.
Our philosophy is this is our home first, and that will be reflected in everything here. And we are grateful that we have the opportunity to share the home with a limited number of visitors all through the year. Welcome!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and rental homes provide Morehead City area travel discount books which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- In a position to change your travel week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer phenomenal rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many rental companies offer price reductions to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly anticipating ? You'll receive the best value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting families with reserving, check-in, cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the right rental home:
Do you think ""The Pointe" at Emerald Isle, Breathtaking Views, Pool & Hot Tub" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Morehead City rental properties start booking early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Morehead City vacation home 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Start by figuring out which specific area of Morehead City you'd like to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Be mindful that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that ""The Pointe" at Emerald Isle, Breathtaking Views, Pool & Hot Tub" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a costly rental home. Most of the time, a single person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
What home features is the group searching for? Do you want a rental property with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do some people in your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
When the area, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest possibility of a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Total Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little bit. Even when you're paying a house cleaning fee, The vacation home needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all vacation rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific vacation home. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.4 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.4 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.7 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 2.3 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 2.8 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 4.1 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 2.0 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 2.4 miles
- Harrikaâ€™s Brew Haus - 2.5 miles
- Dudley's Marina - 2.6 miles
- Water Boggan - 2.7 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 2.8 miles