- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMy home is a cute 3 bed 2 bath on deep water Brices Creek, just right for swimming, boating, fishing and this unit has its own Private Beach! Only six mins. to Historic Downtown New Bern. Located on a peaceful sizable private wooded lot with colossal vistas over well known Brices Creek. Come with all of your water toys as there is a boat ramp a quarter of a mile away! While you launch your boat, jet ski or kayak please adore Merchants Grocery famed cheeseburger or stop by early for a hearty breakfast within walking distance to The Grey Goose. At nighttime you can head into downtown for a seafood dinner or stay at home and relax on the forty foot back porch with amazing vistas over the creek. Watch the wildlife from the dock and if you are extremely lucky you could see a dolphin swim by! Don t forget to bring your fishing rod for some superb bass, crappie, brim, striper or catfishing.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and rental houses provide Morehead City area discount catalogs which include money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those fantastic activities at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are you able to alter your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of property management companies provide special discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly anticipating ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and places of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual home owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are surprised to discover just how many rentals can be found in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to discover a property which fits their expectations and spending budget.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be happy to find that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Before you book "The Grey Goose (Waterfront) Historic New Bern - Private Beach - BRING YOUR BOAT!", examine our brief checklist of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned hot spots, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked early. To ensure the most desirable selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Morehead City vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but once this tricky part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you will need. Consider that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Budget
Many rental homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your selected stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you primarily want a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all property postings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your companion! Although a number of rental homes allow animal friends, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Best places to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies will often have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation home has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required call the property manager right away.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of tips.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Nearly all vacation rental web sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be quick. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.9 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.9 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 2.0 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 2.0 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 2.0 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.8 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.7 miles