Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guide books with special packages for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Look for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows visitors to discover the same great activities at a typically significantly discounted.
- Willing to change your travel week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get unique discounts. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are essentially catered to specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Morehead City activity that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental property Information
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the range and wide variety of weekly vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. With such a big selection, renters are certain to select a vacation home that matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to know that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and booking the right rental home:
Do you believe "Moonlight Suite 198*" is the best vacation property for your upcoming trip? Read through this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many trendy destinations, In Morehead City the best rental homes are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Begin by picking which particular area of Morehead City you'd like to explore, and the choose travel dates.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Generally rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Most vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your selected week. It might be at the high end of the range. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each person knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Do certain people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of very similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective during the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Contract
Read through the entire contract and be certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Frequently, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
How did they feel about the rental choice? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning will be easy. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with another search.