- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyRelish the most refined beach on the East Coast from this serene light-filled oceanfront home. The tidy design and amazing open floor plan make it the ideal place to bring family and friends together with the Atlantic Sea as your front yard. Due to the unusual orientation of Bogue Bank, you can watch the sun rise AND set from the dramatic outdoor space of this modern modern home. This home is a 40 years
mid century modern design that has been renovated in 2018
Simple pleasures for all ages abound: long morning walks, body surfing, world class shell collecting, watching porpoises play from the outdoor space, sunbathing and just getting lost in a good rent. Food even tastes better at this location! Serve up a casual seafood supper on the breezy screened porch as the sun begins to set.
Three inviting bedrooms and two baths on the main floor, including a radiant and roomy oceanfront master suite. The lower level with direct beach access offers an additional bedroom, bath and a sizable bunk room to sleep 6, ideal for cousins or single visitors. This is accessed from the steps from the great room.
There are only ten steps to the beach from the lower level.
The home is located in a sleepy beachside community. The nearest major attraction is the marvelous North Carolina Aquarium less than five mins. away. Enjoyable eateries are within a ten-min. drive.
This home was constructed in the late 1970's and has remained in our family. It has been delighted by four generations and it is 40 years old.'
The vistas are exceptional.
If your group is 'all about the beach,' this is the home for you.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and tours. Look for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to discover those terrific activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Is it possible to switch your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the US Military, or returning vacationers of the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the range and wide variety of short term rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Morehead City gang, from tranquil condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "Ocean Front Pine Knoll Shores Heckman House-Sleeps 14 " is the perfect rental property for your upcoming getaway? Read this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Morehead City rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best selection of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and reserving your Morehead City vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Consensus can be tough between loved ones, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the party. Most rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving an expensive vacation property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental with open-air dining area? Will the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or near shopping? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Do individual people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your furry family members. Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-season when many properties sit vacant.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required call the rental manager straight away.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to give comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but genuine about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental. If the rental home was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search next time.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 3.9 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- Dank Burrito - 3.4 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.4 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.4 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.4 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 5.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.1 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.5 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 4.5 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 0.9 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 0.9 miles
- Crystal Coast Country Club - 1.3 miles
- Crystal Coast Ecotours - 2.8 miles