- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyExecutive-style holiday home, 2700 heated/air conditioned square feet, located on a bluff with direct frontage and dock on the Neuse River in historic New Bern, NC Panoramic vistas from all bedrooms, multiple level decks, 40-foot year round sun room, private outdoor pool, can be heated, and out door hot tub. Four Bedrooms plus alcove.
This is a ideal spot for a family holiday or reunion. View feathered friends and other coastal wild-life from the comfort of the sun room or decks. Or savor the many trails, rivers, streams, parks, preserves, or the close by sea beaches. Golf, horseback riding, and family amusement parks are close by. And the great Atlantic Sea at Atlantic Beach is 45 miles away.
There is an owner-occupied one bedroom apartment on the premises. This apartment is occasionally available for guest rental at $250/nighttime plus tax.
New Bern is also home to remarkable eateries, stores, marinas, theater, shopping, and the famed Tyron Palace, former capital of North Carolina.
We think you will appreciate our luxuries.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guide books with special packages for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, since this allows vacationers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a often considerable discounted.
- Desire to stay away from packed areas and lower your expenses? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Morehead City activity that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to locate a rental home which fits their desires and spending plan.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Fort Point River House" is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Morehead City the best rentals are booked early. To assure the very best choice of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Morehead City rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Many families choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can often be challenging among family, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Many vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking an expensive rental property. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property payment? Build a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Optimal access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Study your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Many websites exist to match visitors with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, nearby residences are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little. Even if you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The rental should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Virtually all vacation rental web sites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but completely honest about your stay. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Does everybody want to go back? With some luck everything was wonderful and you're ready to reserve the rental home for next season. Maybe the rental home wasn't quite right, and you'll better recognize how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.8 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 0.5 miles
- Carolina Grill - 0.6 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 0.6 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 0.6 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 0.7 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 1.8 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.0 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.3 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 0.6 miles