- Many property owners and vacation rental properties supply Morehead City area discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, as this allows travelers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your trip week? Shoulder seasons provide impressive savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get discounted rates. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it's soundside units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. If there's a specific Morehead City activity that you love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be shocked to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to fit their Morehead City gang, from tranquil condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and methods to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book a great vacation home:
Before you start to book "2nd row, beautiful views, pet friendly, clean, & no additional owner fees", go through our brief checklist of points to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Settle on your Place and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Consider that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Have a Budget
Make certain "2nd row, beautiful views, pet friendly, clean, & no additional owner fees" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Will the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property payment? Make a list of "necessities and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Do certain people in your group have special needs? Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. While quite a few rentals permit animal friends, guidelines and costs vary per property. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
When the location, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exclusive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest chance for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Agreement
Read the whole contract and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Rental home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any repairs. This will prevent disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental home websites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Did they feel about the property? Hopefully everything was outstanding and you are ready to re-book the rental home for next season. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with another search.