- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOceanside Beach Cottage, Dog Affable, Available Less than a Week!
Located among the trees in famed Sea Dunes neighborhood, only a brief walk to the beach access is Exit Strategy. Close to many Island activities and fun, this family beach bungalow is colorful and simple which makes your stay at the beach even more anxiety complimentary!
Arriving at the home to the paved drive and covered parking for 2 cars, a flight of steps to enter the home makes beach living a wind. Main level includes wrap around open and covered decks (2 new open/covered upper decks, vinyl railing and stairs) with porch furnishings.
Open kitchen and dining area has microwave, dishwasher, range, toaster and coffee maker with seating for 7 at table and kitchen bar. Also full bath, bedroom with queen bed; and generous living area with flat screen TV and basic cable . Upstairs you will find two additional bedrooms, one with queen bed, and flat screen TV with cable and another with 3 twin beds, and a full bath. Both rooms have private decks. Wireless Internet supplied. Enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower.
Minimum age to rent is 25.
1 Pet Accepted, min. (30 lb. limit). No Smoking, Available Nightly year round with minimum stay mandatory. Bed and Bath linens included for an additional fee.
Can be rented monthly from October to April for $1400 per month with a $175 utility cap. Additional cleaning charges apply to monthly units. Monthly units may be considered during the summer months at $4550 per month.
- Many management companies and vacation homes provide Morehead City area travel books that feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the business itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to avoid the crowds and save money? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed due to health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a rental which matches their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation homes in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property owners typically choose management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "Exit Strategy-Dog Friendly, Available Less than a Week!", go through our brief list of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Morehead City rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes much easier.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your selected trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a pricey rental. Usually, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property fee? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Optimal access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the gang traveling with a furry companion? Even though a number of vacation rentals allow animal friends, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "Exit Strategy-Dog Friendly, Available Less than a Week!", along with various other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make certain that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with the next search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.4 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.8 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.8 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.5 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.9 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.2 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.5 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.7 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.9 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.9 miles