- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyA Family-Neighborly Dream Holiday - Oceanfront Beach Retreat - Private Tiki Bar/Cornhole and Horseshoes OCEANFRONT 4 Bedroom/3 Bath home Blondie West is the west side of a duplex on three living levels with a very brief walk to the sea via a PRIVATE walkway and dune outdoor space. This home has a LOT of great luxuries, INCREDIBLE vistas and continues to have families return year after year for a memorable family get-away. Don and Janice, owners of Blondie West, have furbished BLONDIE WEST as your "home away from home." The "island feel" is designed for your happiness as your family and friends "kick back", relax and experience oceanfront living. Ground Level: Self-contained apartment includes a den/game room with pool table, KING bed, modest dining area with full kitchen, full bath. Level One: Oceanfront Master Bedroom #1 has QUEEN bed, full bathroom and covered outdoor space. Oceanfront Bedroom #2 has a QUEEN bed and covered outdoor space. Bedroom #3 has a TWIN BUNK BED and a QUEEN bed in the same room. Full hall bathroom shared by bedroom #2 and bedroom #3. Level Two: Living area with open oceanfront outdoor space, dining area, half bath and full kitchen. Level two includes open oceanfront outdoor space with picnic table and street side outdoor space off kitchen. AMENITIES INCLUDE: 7 TV’s, 6 DVD/VHS players, 2 CD players, TWO FULL KITCHENS, work desk w/ printer/fax machine, 2 highchairs, 2 port-a-cribs, 2 picnic tables, booster seats, CUSTOM TIKI BAR, regulation horseshoe pit, Corn Hole Game, park BBQ grille, outdoor space furnishings and beach chairs, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower. LINENS PROVIDED IN PRIME SEASON (June 9-August 10) NO SMOKING! NO FAMILY PETS! Imagine waking up to the sound of the sea and the sun rising over the sea as dolphin amuse you with their playful magic. Decisions at the beach? Which outdoor space to sit on and adore your morning coffee? Stroll along the wide beaches or relax in a rocking chair with a good rent Blondie West has an comprehensive rent library. It's just the beginning of another spectacular day at Blondie West where there's "not a worry in the world. Life is good today!" When you want to take a break from beach activities, appreciate a round of horseshoes on our regulation size horseshoe pit or try your luck at a game of Corn Hole. Hungry? Thirsty? Fire up the sizable BBQ grille and have a drink at our bespoke constructed TIKI BAR. Recently enlargened ground level sun outdoor space with picnic table is comfortably accessible to lower level kitchen. Blondie West has TWO FULL KITCHENS. The upper floor kitchen has a separate wine cooler with access to front and rear outdoor space. For those that want to discover the island, there are plenty of activities away from the beach to please and accommodate everybody in your group. For the active: bicycling (units available on island), golf, kayak and boat units, mini-golf, amusement park, horseback riding, volleyball, water park, driving range, skating, off-shore fishing, kite-flying. For the sightseer and shopper: Waterfront Morehead City, Beaufort waterfront, Swansboro waterfront stores and antiques, Emerald Isle stores, North Carolina Aquarium and more. Want to try some local seafood? Don and Janice have compiled menus from various eateries so that you can check out the menu before you go. Ice Cream at the beach? Emerald Isle has numerous ice cream parlors and if you want ice cream at home, Blondie West has supplied your own banana split bowls!!! As the sun sets, the Blondie West TIKI BAR remains open! Let the games begin in our game room that contains a pool table, game/card table and copious board games. What about a movie? Blondie West has an considerable DVD/VHS library. Each bedroom has its own TV/DVD/VHS player. One of our most favorite places at Blondie West is our dune outdoor space. Unwinding with a libation as we watch the beautiful sunsets change to a blanket of shimmering stars. Here ends another great day at the beach! If you have to bring work to the beach, Don and Janice have supplied a modest desk with a printer/fax/copier, wireless internet access and COMPLIMENTARY long distance service. Feel complimentary to call or e-mail your friends from our home and tell them about your GREAT holiday at Blondie West! Blondie West is a non-smoking Sunday - Sunday rental. Linens ARE PROVIDED June 9-Aug 18 WEEKS ONLY. CUSTOM BUILT CORN HOLE GAME Please click on link for a tour of our unit.
****CENTURY 21 Coastland Realty will be contacting you for further rental payment details after you rent online.****
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer great rates on rental properties.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most anticipating during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be surprised to uncover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Morehead City group, from quiet condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Where to find and book the right rental property:
Do you believe "A Family-Friendly Dream Vacation - Oceanfront Beach Retreat - Private Tiki Bar/Cornhole and Horseshoes" is the best rental for your upcoming trip? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular destinations, In Morehead City the best rental homes are booked early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Consensus can be difficult between family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be aware that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Many vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected week. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a costly rental. One individual in your family must be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Suitable access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the location, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Agreement
Read the whole contract and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental home sites seek reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything was outstanding and you are ready to reserve the same rental for next year. If not, you have gained valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 2.1 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 2.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 2.0 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.7 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.4 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.7 miles
- Water Boggan - 1.0 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 1.1 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 1.1 miles
- Teezher Charters - 1.2 miles