- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyOur family beach home is available for your next beach holiday! Featuring 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms on three levels to accommodate your family. Complete with Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, 3 TV’s, outdoor shower and generous open and covered decks with furnishings. Also on top level is a den with a Queen Sleep Couch and half bath .
Reverse floor plan with open concept, living/dining on top floor (3rd level). Mid level includes 3 bedrooms; one with Queen and full private bath. Appreciate the jack and jill full bath with 2 bedrooms, each with 2 twins on this level. Ground level with exterior access is Queen bed with full bath and huge sitting area. Beach access is located at the end of the street. Bikes are a great way to get around the Island on the paved, Town wide Bicycle/Walking Path. Public Boat launch and dock area is just a brief walk away for boating or taking in pretty sunsets on the Sound! New decks on each level, 2017. It is time you put your feet in the sand, relax and savor some “Simple Pleasures”!
Please note; this is our private family beach home and we ask that only families rent or inquire about our home that are 28 years of age or older.
No Smoking! No Family Animals! Weekly Rental Only, Sunday to Sunday.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, dining and activities. Keep an eye out for these magazines and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same wonderful activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your vacation week? The off-peak seasons generally offer phenomenal rates on daily rental accommodations.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discount.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific travelers, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Morehead City activity you simply love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed due to health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are often surprised at the range and wide variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to fit their Morehead City family, from tranquil condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Owners often select management companies to manage marketing and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to know that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Before you decide to book "***** GREAT property in quiet island neighborhood! There is still time to book!!", review our brief collection of issues to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Morehead City the best vacation rentals are booked very early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your trip. A lot of households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select a Town and Time
Consensus can often be difficult between close relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
How many family members are joining your trip? Keep in mind that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Most rental homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the cost for your preferred trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a costly vacation property. Most of the time, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental charge? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Commonly the elder generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a pup? Although quite a few vacation rentals permit animal friends, rules and charges fluctuate per property. A number of limitations might dismiss a potential rental. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match renters with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems when you arrive. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be useful.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation home really needs to be in good condition. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be remedied before leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to provide feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.9 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.6 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 2.0 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 3.0 miles
- Circle Pizza - 1.3 miles
- Chowdaheads - 1.4 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 3.3 miles
- Cedar Street Park - 1.4 miles
- Emerald Club Tropical Beach Bar - 1.5 miles
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier - 1.6 miles
- Emerald Isle Adventures - 1.6 miles
- Carolina Kitesurfing - 1.6 miles