- Emerald Isle
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWith steps leading directly to the beach - what more could you ask for? The vistas from this home are striking no matter which direction you look. Sitting on the highest point of land in Emerald Isle, Cloud Nine is appropriately named, sitting high atop the dunes. The sun rises to the east and sun sets in the west, over the sea, makes this location one of the only places on the entire east coast that faces due south.
The home layout offers a monumental outdoor space with a covered awning for shade and less than a min. walk to get your feet in the sand. On the main living floor an open floor plan offers a comfortable living room to relax and rejuvenate for another stimulating beach day. A sizable kitchen off of the living room on the main floor is loaded with all of your preparing necessities. On the Bogue Sound side of the main floor, a separate room is tucked away for additional sleeping space and is supplied with cable TV. A full bath and washer/dryer is on the sound side, off of the kitchen.
The upstairs is all about sleeping space! After a day on the beach or out visiting the plethora of local attractions, there is nothing like a good nighttime's rest. Cloud Nine offers bliss sleeping for our visitors as we have furbished the home for as we will one day live there ourselves. The master bedroom sits off the sea side and offers a king bed and a modest outdoor space with a view that makes you speechless. Cloud Nine sits up so above the dune that our visitors look down at the homes on either side. The master bedroom offers the biggest bathroom with windows that show the sea with every turn.
The biggest room on the sound side offer a private outdoor space with a view of the sea and the sound, a queen room, enormous walk-in closet and wall mounted TV. The sound side back bedroom has two twins with plenty of closet space and a great view of Bogue Sound. The middle room at the top of the stairs has a full size bed and a huge closet.
Constructed in 1995 and very well constructed and maintained, Cloud Nine sits near mile marker 15, mid-way mark on the 29 mile island. This proximity accepts visitors to travel east to discover the local flavor of close by Atlantic Beach, including a side trip to the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, only 8 miles away. Continue on east and follow Route 58 to the end of the road which is home to historic Fort Macon State Park. From Atlantic Beach, a trip across the causeway to Morehead City offers nightlife, sound side dining and local shopping and experience Beaufort. Traveling west from the home brings you into the town of Emerald Isle in just 4 miles. Adventurous visitors can walk to the Bogue Sound pier by beach in about two hours. I recommend walking one way and phoning back for a ride and insisting on being taken out to a incredible local restaurant for lunch since you earned that!! Crossing the bridge as you exit Emerald Isle is one of the most radiant scenes on the island. But this brief drive takes you to Cedar Point, home of Dudley Marina and the choice place for FRESH OFF THE BOAT seafood at Phillips Seafood Market - where the locals go for new fish. Drive across another brief bridge and welcome to Swansboro, one of our favorite places to go. Wonderful people and amazing eateries. The closest mall in Jacksonville is only 30 mins. from Cloud Nine, after through Swansboro.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation houses provide Morehead City area traveller discount magazines which include promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide tremendous discounts.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Morehead City gang, from restful condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and expertise to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Do you believe " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS " is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many desirable hot spots, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Morehead City vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS " works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each person knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group looking for? Do you want a rental property with patio lounge? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Often times the senior generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a furry friend? While a number of rental homes allow animal friends, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental home. Read your agreement thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
After the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Contract
Read the entire agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all vacation rental web sites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you've gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Pizza Inn Emerald Isle - 4.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 4.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.3 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 4.5 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.9 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.9 miles
- Chowdaheads - 4.0 miles
- The Village Market - 4.0 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 4.0 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 3.0 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.0 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 3.1 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.1 miles
- Blown Kiteboarding - 3.4 miles
- Country Carriage Stables & Tours - 3.4 miles