- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFreshly modernized modern duplex on the Oceanside 5 min. walk to the beach. Great living area with state of the art kitchen having all stainless appliances and supplied for a chef. The granite countertop is a working and eating bar. There is also a separate dining area. The living room has a sizable gas log fireplace with 50" flat screen TV on the mantel with cable, internet, WiFi and a DVD. First floor has 2 bedrooms, one with a King Bed and one with Queen Bed. Bath has a sizable Walk In Shower. Outside 14x24 screened porch with a hot and cold shower and separate 14x14 sun outdoor space. Second Floor has 2 bedrooms each with super peaceful HVAC Split Systems for individual appreciation settings. 1 bedroom with Queen Bed. 2nd bedroom, Childrens getaway, has 2 daybeds with trundles. The children room has plenty of room to do puzzles, included and tons of toys. The upstairs bathroom is huge with deep tub and spray shower. The owner has her art everywhere with many surprises.
There is an apartment below that has a full time renter. The floors between upper and lower units have additional insulation to help control sound.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guide books with promotions for rental home management companies, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of those wonderful activities at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the packed areas and spend less? Shoulder seasons feature impressive opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounted rates. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. You'll receive the most value from a home that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tricks & Tips
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Before you book "Family and Pet Oriented Home That Will Assure You of Wonderful Memories", examine our brief list of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Morehead City vacation rentals start booking very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Settle on your Area and Travel Week
Begin by determining which particular area of Morehead City you would like to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be mindful that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that everybody knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or near night life? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
In some cases the older generation has challenges with stairways. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the family visiting with a furry friend? Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies differ. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
A number of websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar homes that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Contract
Read through the whole contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. We also advise promptly calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your review.
Did they love their stay? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. If the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 0.9 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.4 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.0 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.4 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.4 miles
- Circle Pizza - 0.7 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.4 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 4.0 miles
- Cedar Street Park - 0.8 miles
- Emerald Club Tropical Beach Bar - 0.9 miles
- Emerald Isle Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Carolina Kitesurfing - 1.0 miles
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier - 1.0 miles