- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyPrivately-owned 3 BR, 2.5 BA duplex town home ON THE BEACH in family mood beach village. 4 flat-screen TVs with cable. WiFi cable internet. Washer/drier. Thoroughly-supplied kitchen. Ceiling fans. Outdoor stainless steel charcoal grille. Outdoor hot/cold shower on outdoor space. King master suite with Jacuzzi, walk-in shower. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with queen beds. Close by eateries, grocery store, movie theater, miniature golf, water slide, go-carts, shopping. Saturday to Saturday rental.
Linen/Household Package $200: Includes linen for 3 beds; 12 bath/hand towels, wash cloths; kitchen dish cloths/towels; kitchen condiments (salt, pepper, spices, etc.); 12 rolls toilet tissue; 6 rolls kitchen paper towels; trash bags, laundry & dish detergent, miscellaneous cleaning items, some family-welcoming DVDs for rainy days, and more. Email us for more detail.
Beach Package $250: Don't pack and bring all that stuff taking up room in your car. Let us give it for you to use during your stay. Includes 6 beach chairs; sizable beach canopy; beach umbrella; cooler, 3 fishing rods/reels (tackle not supplied - locally available); children's age appropriate beach toys and body boards; 6 beach towels; 6 outdoor shower/dry off towels, sand shovels, buckets, big water gun, adult body board, sea dipping nets for children, hammocks for bedroom decks, safety rescue belt (not a toy), bocce ball set, plus more. Email us for more detail.
Message in a Bottle Package - $75: You give the message and we'll give the bottle & transportation of the bottle via a sea captain out to the Gulf Stream, approx. 50 miles off the Outer Banks of NC. The captain will release your bottle into the Gulf Stream, with currents that travel northeast and end up off the coast of Europe. We have no idea where or when your bottle may turn up. However, there have been reports of bottles found years later in faraway lands. Include your contact info and you may receive a surprise response in the future.
Things You May Hear or See from the Beach House that Could Seem Strange/Interesting or Just a Mystery
Witnessing the Sun and Moon Rise and Set
Our beach home is on one of the southernmost North Carolina Outer Banks islands and faces south out to sea. This means our beach runs east-west. Because of this geographic layout, we have numerous months during the year when the sun and moon rise and set over the sea. The unique view of sunrises and sunsets can be magnificant. Witnessing a full moon rising over the eastern horizon including what appears to be a shimmering golden reflection path of shining diamonds to our beach home shore will just soothe your soul. All the sunrises and sunsets year round, especially when there are a few stratus clouds on the horizon in the direction of these events, can make you believe nature is painting these scenes just for you and your appreciated ones as “y’all” take it all in.
Deer in the Dunes
Keep an eye open for our local (nearly tame) deer. They rather often cross our neighborhood streets and sometimes walk down them like they, too, are visitors. We know, based on their tracks, they sometimes cross the dunes in front of our beach home at nighttime. For reasons I don’t understand, they will occasionally walk down to the edge of the sea before returning to their daytime bed down areas. Usually, they do not walk alone. Generally, there will be does, bucks and fawns in their group. They are really phenomenal to see.
Pelicans are very enormous feathered friends that fly most often in groups along the beach that rarely flap their wings. They use thermals to stay aloft, mostly from the hot roofs of beach homes. I bet that Orville and Wilbur Wright studied their abilities to soar along the Outer Banks of North Carolina many years ago. They fly so gracefully, including what is known as ground effect lift in aviation terms/aerodynamics to glide very low over the water. This impeccable flight is only interrupted by a fast climb to ungracefully dive into the sea head first to catch a fish. Oh! By the way, I have only seen adult size pelicans. How can that be? How can they seem to go from an egg to an adult without people ever seeing them in modest and medium sizes? I surely don’t know.
Our beach home is on one of the few flyways for the Monarch butterfly (and other butterflies) as they migrate from Central Mexico to Canada and back to Mexico for the winter each year. When sitting on our decks, I have often had them land on my arms, legs, feet, and even my head as they rest a while along their journey. Have the camera ready.
Like the many species of butterflies, dragonflies pass through our front yard, or maybe it’s our back yard, depending on your perspective, as they migrate each year. From time to time they, like the butterflies, will land on you. Now, that is a real treat.
The adult female turtles come to our beach starting in May each year to lay their eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch out little turtles that crawl on their own to the sea. You, too, may be so lucky to witness the hatching of the infant turtles and witness their trek to the water.
The sight of bottlenose dolphin (not porpoises, that’s a different animal) in front of our beach home is really fascinating. No matter how many years and times I have had the enjoyment of relishing their interaction with the sea and other dolphin, I can’t help from stopping what I am doing and take it all in again. They are really intelligent and charming animals. If you get lucky, you may even see them jump high in the air and do flips or chase fish while surfing a wave with the help of the sun to enhance your view.
Sound of the Sea
The sound of the waves as they crash on each other and the beach can be relaxing to the soul, even from your bed inside the beach home. I believe this is nature’s way of helping adults deal with their troubles of the day and help the children get to their dreams of the fun they will be having tomorrow.
Ride the Waves
You can see any type of apparatus you can imagine in front of the beach home to ride the waves and water. They include surfboards, body boards, skim/body boards, paddle boards, kayaks, kite boards, Hobie cat sailboats, jet skis, and windsurfing, not to mention any kind of flotation device you can think of. Most of these items are available to rent and lessons are offered. Check the basket on the counter.
What You Can See at Nighttime
Your view of the universe as seen from our south facing decks over the sea with no lights to interfere with your view can be beautiful. Even if your knowledge of the cosmos is limited, you will be dazzled by looking edge-on at our own galaxy “The Milky Way”, the Moon as it goes through its fazes, planets as they appear to move faster than the stars and sometimes go backwards, constellations (Orion during the winter months is my favorite), and satellites as their steady star-like light appears to move rapidly through the stars. All of this plus an occasional meteor as you are laying on your back in our hammock can very open your eyes.
Lightning Fireworks Show
Occasionally at nighttime, you can be a witness to nature’s spectacular lightning show display out over the sea. These shows can usually be seen from March through October.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus offer promotional travel guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are your travel dates flexible? The off-peak seasons generally offer terrific rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat guests of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain Morehead City atteaction that you just love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the right vacation property:
Before you start to book "Oceanfront, Family Atmosphere", review our short list of things to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Morehead City vacation homes start booking early. To guarantee the most desirable selection of properties, we advise searching and booking your Morehead City vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Morehead City you want to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Be aware that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Budget
Will your chosen rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that everybody understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you only desire a vacation home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near shopping? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Commonly the senior generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a four-legged friend? While many rentals permit pets or animals, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *before* you book!
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match clients with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read Through The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Property management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please be considerate of the community. Often times, neighboring homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental to be sure you've gathered all belongings.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Virtually all rental property web sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your feedback.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. Maybe the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 2.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 2.1 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.7 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 1.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.5 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.7 miles
- Water Boggan - 1.0 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 1.1 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 1.2 miles
- Teezher Charters - 1.2 miles