Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with deals for vacation rental management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Can you shift your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer phenomenal rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide rate reductions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a certain activity you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Morehead City atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental Advice
You might be shocked to discover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an perfect getaway to fit their Morehead City gang, from relaxing condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Here are some ideas and tricks to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you think "Glori East/Oceanfront" is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular hot spots, In Morehead City the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Settle on your Place and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental property
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Remember that that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Have a Spending Limit
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the rate for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
What home features is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental with open-air kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are sheet sets included with the rental contract, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Do some people in your group have special needs? Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a pup? Although quite a few vacation homes allow dogs and cats, guidelines and fees vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest chance for a lower rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, guests must pay state taxes when booking "Glori East/Oceanfront", as well as various other fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental home web sites seek feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Did they like the rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning will be relatively easy. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.