View this property at:
About this Property
******We are merry to report that Shorebreak did not suffer any damage from Dorian. We are up and running at 100% and are continuing to take reservations for the rest of 2019, and into 2020.
The unit is two duplexes that are connected inside accepting visitors to have two full homes for one price. Ideal for two families or groups traveling together. Keep the adjoining door open for simple socializing, or close the door when you want some downtime or privacy.
The whole home is rented together as one unit with an adjoining door in the guest bedrooms connecting the two sides of the home into one 4 bedroom/4 bathroom home. The connecting doors can be locked from either side just like adjoining hotel rooms giving each side privacy and security.
Back wall is ALL windows for a lovely expansive beach view.
Appreciate two full kitchen, two living rooms, two dining areas, 2 master bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, and 2 guest rooms with their own baths. Also, two washers and dryers, 4 TV's with cable, 2 DVD players, and TONS of fun luxuries for children of all ages.
The left side has all new floor, carpets, living room furnishings, accessories, and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. Also on the left side (east) is a king bed in the master suite and a queen bed in the guest room. The right side (west) includes a king bed in the master suite and two twins in the guest bedroom.
Master bedroom #1: king bed
Guest bedroom #1: two twin beds
Master bedroom #2: king bed
Guest bedroom #2: 1 queen bed
As the two sides are mirror-image, they both have full kitchens, washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and complete furnishings. Both sides are very tidy, complimentary of clutter, and well-maintained. The entire back wall of the home that faces the sea is made up of windows. You feel like you're on the beach even from inside.
Two kitchens with the following niceties:
Full-size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, glass top prepare tops with ovens, washer, dryer, full set of pots and pans, all dishware and silverware, microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster, knife set.
(Left side has brand new stainless steel appliances and new floor, and right side has the same updates, less than a year old)
Reverse osmosis under sink water filtration now installed on the both sides of Shorebreak. Clean and new water makes the most handsome cup of coffee.
***All new kitchen cabinets and countertops will be installed in January 2019***
The rest of the home, on both sides, feature: Flatscreen TV's in the living room and master bedroom, Time Warner cable for each TV, DVD players in the living rooms, high speed internet everywhere, ceiling fans in the living rooms, table-top fans in the bedrooms, central AC.
All the following linens are supplied for each side of the home: sheet sets with pillowcases, bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths for the bathrooms (up to four full sets for each side), two bath mats, two beach towels, washcloths and hand towels for the kitchen. All beds are made prior to arrival so you can relax as soon as you arrive.
Windows and new glass doors take up the entire back wall of the home giving you a close-up view of the beach and emerald water. The home is one of the closest to the sea in all Emerald Isle. There are no homes or decks blocking your view left and right. You cannot get any closer to the water than our home.
There is a generous outdoor space that spans the entire length of the home and leads down to the beach with a private walkway. A foot wash is included to rinse salt and sand off your feet and beach toys when it's time to come in, and a hot water shower is available under the home. We give the following for beach use: Beach chairs, 2 kid-size paddle boards with paddles (useful as a surfboard and paddle board), one adult-size surfboard, 2 body boards, and miscellaneous beach toys. Most days there are ample waves for surfing and/or body boarding.
2 full picnic tables with umbrellas and 8 Adirondack chairs make the back outdoor space an fun place to be.
A sizable, new grille is available for use under the home. The grille uses those modest propane canisters available at all hardware, and big box stores for about $4. Please bring your own canisters.
There is paved parking under the home for up to eight cars. The space under the home is a definite favorite of the children who savor skateboarding, riding scooters, rip-sticks, and bicycles in the shade of the home. It's a super fun place.
We offer a tidy, well-maintained home complimentary from sizable corporate rental agencies and their exorbitant costs. We have a local caretaker who is available for emergencies who also provides housekeeping and linen service.
Skip the congestion and traffic headaches of Food Lion. We are only 3/4 mile from Dollar General. It is only a 2 min. drive making it the most convenient place to buy nearly everything you will need for your stay, and for those little things you forgot.
Thank you for your interest in Shorebreak, Emerald Isle. We're confident you will adore your stay in our shorefront hideaway.
*Due to health department regulations for Carteret County, we are very firm in the number of people staying and using the home. Our septic system is set up for a max. number of 8 adults, 2 per bedroom. We do not accept more than 8 adults (or adult-sized children, ages 13+). We accept up to 4 additional children, age 12 or less. Violating the max. number of visitors will result in eviction without a refund of your payment. Having too many adults using the septic system could result in an overflow of the tank and thousands of dollars of damage to the unit. Thank you for understanding.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guide books with special packages for rental properties, dining and activities. Look for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the same great attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are you able to move your dates? Shoulder seasons feature phenomenal discounts.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same rental. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You'll get the most value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Morehead City group, from low-noise condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "Room for the whole family! Steps from the water, views from every room, modern", review our short list of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Morehead City vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the very best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Morehead City rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Many visitors plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Morehead City you want to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Choose a Size
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking a costly rental property. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property charge? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
In some cases the senior generation has challenges with stairs. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Do not forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of comparable properties that fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the entire agreement and be certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the property manager right away. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Nearly all rental web sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with the next search.