- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Town of Emerald Isle lies on Bogue Banks, the southernmost island of the North Carolina Outer Banks. Our home is located at the cloistered western end of the island known as 'The Point'.
It is a 4-bedroom, 3.5 bath home on a corner lot. with wood, tile and carpeted floors, Anderson windows, four Covered Outdoor spaces (2 upper decks with Porch Furnishings, front lower outdoor space with porch swing). Time Warner provides cable, phone and high speed internet access.
The double carport on the ground level is deep enough to accommodate four cars. On the rear of the home, under the lower outdoor space, there is a tiled patio with patio furnishings, swing and 4-burner gas grille. It is a great place to relax while watching others play 'kick-the-can' or while preparing the 'daily catch' on the grille. Adjacent to the patio is a private, enclosed hot/cold shower with an enclosed changing area. After a day at the beach, this is a stop that shouldn't be missed.
At the front of the lower level, the door opens to a tiled entryway, with french doors left and right leading to identical master bedrooms. Each has a king bed, a full bath, a sizable walk-in closet, a TV and DVD player. Each is ideal for a quit getaway after a busy day or easily for a peaceful nighttime's sleep. Beyond the entry, though another set of french doors, is a enormous, carpeted 20' X 14' living area with 52' LCD SONY TV and Blu-ray DVD player with Netflix and other streaming applications. A third bedroom has a queen bed, double closet and a TV and DVD Player. A fourth bedroom has 2 twin beds, a double closet and a TV and DVD player. These two bedrooms share a tiled bath across from which is the laundry area with a new washer and new dryer.
One of the main attractions is the upper level with its open floor plan. Holidays are for gatherings and conversations and laughs and this accepts everybody to share some time together. At the top of the stairs is a dining table that seats eight. Across the room is a very well-supplied kitchen and pantry separated form the 'dining area' by a breakfast bar and eight bar chairs. For those who have been visitors before, you will recognize this as the site of our annual 'pancake eating contest'.
In the front of the room is a sitting area with couch and chairs that surround a tiled fireplace with gas logs, a 47' LCD SONY TV and Blu-ray DVD player also with Netflix and other streaming applications. Surround-sound stereophonic equipment with iPhone connection completes the set-up. On the front, sliding glass doors open onto a covered outdoor space with porch furnishings. It is from here that the spectacular vistas of sunrises and sunsets and the sweeping picture of sea and inlet makes this one of my favorite spots.
Another set of sliding glass doors open onto the back covered outdoor space, also supplied with porch furnishings. This is a particularly quit spot, protected from the sea wind, with vistas of the sound. We have taken advantage of this for a number of peaceful, appealing 'dinners under the stars'.
There is a choice of access to the beaches. Go left to the walkway that will take you over the dunes or go right to the broad expanse of 'The Point'. Either way, you have open space enough for picnics, games and even a touch of solitude.
Keywords: Second row home; corner lot, four peaceful bedrooms on 1st floor with central family; enormous well-supplied kitchen and dining area on 2nd floor with open floor plan for great holiday get-together.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Morehead City area promotional travel catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or through a relationship between the property management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Off-peak times offer up remarkable deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide price cuts to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific clients, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. If there's a certain Morehead City atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You might be surprised to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to select a vacation home that suits their desires and budget.
The vast majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the right rental home:
Before you decide to book "Outstanding Location: The Finnish Line, Walk to Beach, Perfect Family Retreat", examine our brief checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Morehead City vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Begin by picking which specific area of Morehead City you would like to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Outstanding Location: The Finnish Line, Walk to Beach, Perfect Family Retreat" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. In most cases, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you just want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Sometimes the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
When the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the full agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Outstanding Location: The Finnish Line, Walk to Beach, Perfect Family Retreat", in addition to any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover damage, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many rental property websites seek testimonials after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive ratings. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 3.7 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.3 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.3 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.6 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.6 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 2.3 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 4.1 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 1.9 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 2.3 miles
- Harrikaâ€™s Brew Haus - 2.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 2.6 miles
- Dudley's Marina - 2.6 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 2.7 miles