- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIf you have never had the opportunity to stay sound side at the beach, then you don't know what a great time you are missing out on. After a hard day of fun & sun at the beach, wind down on the back outdoor space and experience the striking sunsets and striking vistas of the Bogue sound.
While summer is in high demand, many miss the most fantastic times of the year to come to the Salty Dog! Sept., Oct., and Nov., are filled with warm days, warm water, invigorating evenings, low humidity, lower traffic and great fishing!
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are special times to spend at the coast and celebrate with family and friends. Jan and Feb are not to be forgotten months with much needed appealing and de-stressing after the hectic holiday season and also passionate getaways for Valentine’s Day!
Our appealingly finished home has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It will pleasantly sleep 6; with 2 queen beds and a double bed with single trundle. All the bedrooms have private decks with dramatic vistas. There is a incredible picnic area with picnic table located sound front on the sandy beach area and great place to play corn hole.
Staying sound front offers many activities that you wouldn’t be able to experience on the beach front such as; clamming, crabbing, flounder gigging, seining, bird watching, walking in the shallow waters for great distances, etc.
Our family has had many fond memories of clamming and crabbing and having a delicious clam bake with all we caught! The children have always appreciated catching crabs and hermit crabs.
By the sound, there is a sandy beach area, a covered gazebo in the water and stairs leading into the sound. There is also a hot/cold outdoor shower area with a separate dressing area. For those of you that would like to try some clamming or crabbing there are rakes and crab pots available for use. We will also have beach chairs, coolers, body boards and corn hole boards.
Points of Interest close by:
• NC Aquarium, Pine Knoll Shores, NC
• Recently constructed bicycle trail right in front of our home that can take you to either Salter Path or to Coast Guard Rd.
• Historical Waterfront Town of Beaufort
• Deep sea fishing charters, Big Rock Fishing Tournament (June)
• NC Seafood Festival the first weekend in October
• Public NC Wildlife Boat Access
• Fort Macon
• Bogue Fishing Pier
• Great waterfront dining at Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Beaufort
• Shackleford Island
• Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Maritime Museums
Please give the Salty Dog a try I feel if you come and visit once you will want to come back again! Our home is not your average rental home it feels like a home away from home!
Please contact me with any questions I will be so excstatic to speak with you!
Like us on Facebook under The Salty Dog at Emerald Isle!
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy the very same terrific activities at a often substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Off-peak times provide sizable savings.
- Many management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers to the same rental. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the range and wide selection of weekly rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Morehead City gang, from tranquil condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation rentals in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property owners frequently choose management companies to manage advertising campaigns, house cleaning services and repairs and maintenance.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Soundfront Home With Private Beach, Steps Away From the Ocean!", read through our brief collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Morehead City vacation homes start booking early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your trip. Many visitors prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Sometimes, the hardest portion of organizing your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest is easier.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure "Soundfront Home With Private Beach, Steps Away From the Ocean!" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey rental home. Generally speaking, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental payment? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Special Things to consider
In some cases the senior generation has problems with stairways. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines can vary. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
After the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers must pay state taxes when booking "Soundfront Home With Private Beach, Steps Away From the Ocean!", in addition to various other additional fees that may be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required call the home manager immediately. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to offer reviews. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. How did they like the rental home? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning will be quick. If not, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with another search.
- Island Water Sports - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.5 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 2.6 miles
- Crab Shack - 2.8 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 2.8 miles
- Port Of Call - 2.9 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.1 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- Island Water Sports - 1.5 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 1.3 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.5 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 2.5 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 2.8 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 2.8 miles