- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Pantry Items
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with old-world glamour & waterfront activities while staying at 'Mariner's Retreat,' a classic colonial-style 4-bed, 4-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort. Located 1 lot off the water and ½ mile from downtown, this home sleeps 8 travelers in premier bliss & privacy. If you're in town for a festival, this is the home for you! Adore art shows, parades, complimentary concerts, & other family-helpful events like boat building contests in the famed harbor once home to Blackbeard's ship.
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Set sail for 'Mariner's Retreat,' a delightful Beaufort 1940's home three doors down from The Hammock House, constructed circa 1709, which served as Blackbeard the Pirate's local residence and refuge.
Surrounded by foliage and a privacy fence on a calming cul-de-sac, it's no question why 'Mariner's Retreat' is one of the most convenient and desired locations in town. Stop to admire the high gabled Cape Cod style salt-box roofline before stepping inside to relax.
The Hammock Lane main entrance opens into a sizable great room including a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV and dining for 8. Others can relax in the well-appointed sunroom with a new rent selected from the supplied library or in the 2nd den with a flat-screen cable TV and DVD player.
Beyond the main dining area, you'll find the completely supplied kitchen where home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared and then served at the 8-person kitchen table.
When it's time to settle in, there are 4 sizable bedrooms to choose from for a sound nighttime's sleep. The 2 upstairs bedrooms boast separate entrances to the upper porch and include en-suite bathrooms. You can also stay downstairs in one of the remaining 2 queen bedrooms supplied with appealing parlor areas.
One of the downstairs bedrooms includes an en-suite bathroom with a soaker tub/shower combo, while the other is rapidly adjacent to a tiled walk-in shower with safety handholds.
-- THE LOCATION --
You couldn’t ask for a better destination in Beaufort than 'Mariner's Retreat.' Residents and visitors alike adore sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing on the beaches.
Just about every weekend, Beaufort hosts a festival, parade, art show, complimentary concert or other family-amicable events comfortably reachable within a 15-min. walk of this home. Strolling along Front Street, you might even see wild ponies on Carrot Island, bottlenose dolphins playing in Taylor's Creek, or great blue herons feeding in the shallows.
Historic downtown Beaufort merchants invite you to linger in the stores and immerse yourself in the welcoming coastal ambience. Learn more about this waterfront town with a trip to Beaufort's NC Maritime Museum displaying artifacts from Blackbeard's ship and Queen Anne's Revenge.
Explore outdoor of the town when you rent a beach excursion to the sea side of Shackleford Banks, accessible only by boat. Opt for another restful eco-sightseeing boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Preserve or marvel at mega yachts berthed at Beaufort Docks.
For more oceanside fun, choose to charter a sailing catamaran with a guided tour or relish a cruise on the ferry to Cape Lookout to gaze at a quintessential lighthouse scene.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it straighforward, we help you find a unit you adore, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a thoroughly supplied kitchen, decorated porch, viewing outdoor space, back patio, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, complimentary WiFi, DVD player, rent & board game selection, in-unit laundry machines, convenient off-street parking, and more
- Unbeatable Beaufort location just 1 lot from the Taylor Creek waterfront, within a 15-min. walk to historic downtown with stores, eateries, museums, & marinas, and other coastal attractions
- Incredible selection of outdoor activities within smooth reach of this home that include sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport-EWN, 200 Terminal Dr, New Bern, NC 28562 (39 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family dogs and cats allowed
- Due to allergy concerns, if evidence of smoking or dogs and cats is found in the home, visitors will be subject to a minimum $500 fine for additional cleaning
- No events, events or enormous gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will offer you promotional guides with special offers for rental properties, dining and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? The off-peak seasons will offer great rates on rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for unique discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve particular clients, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be delighted to find that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you think "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Look over this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Morehead City vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Consensus can often be tricky among close relatives, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Just How Many Beds?
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you should have. Keep in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking a pricey rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air lounge? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Elderly family members will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines can vary. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local property management companies. Apart from having exceptional rental properties, local companies provide exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular rate, visitors have to pay local taxes when renting "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!", along with various other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should disaster strike.
Book your Rental
After you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all rental management company sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward regarding your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? Ideally everything was exceptional and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for next year. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 0.6 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.6 miles