- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyGaze out at the crystal clear water from the opulence of your livingroom, diningroom, kitchen, and master bedroom. Wake to the pink rays of the sun over the water and watch as they gently turn to blue and gray. Observe egrets and herons perch among the marshes outdoor your outdoor space, and relax as you watch the sunset over the marsh. Or soak in the two -person jazuzzi with your adored one as you notice the moon rising over the water. It just doesn't get better than this. As one guest said as she walked into the livingroom, "You feel like you're on a cruise ship!"
This is a 4 bedroom, 2 bath home with drop-dead vistas of the water. The master bedroom has a queen bed, a private entrance to a screened-in porch, and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water. The master bath has a 2-person hottub and shower. Another bedroom has twin beds (one firm, one semi-firm) and overlooks the marsh. The third bedroom has a queen bed and also overlooks the marsh. The fourth bedroom serves as an office and sleeps two in a trundle bed. All bedrooms have additional sheets and blankets.
The well-supplied kitchen has everything you could possibly need - and then some! Brand new dishwasher, two ovens, an island with a cooktop, microwave, drip and Keurig coffee maker, and vistas from the kitchen sink that will convince you to do dishes by hand. The living room has a TV, books, a couch that is oh so comfortable, and many games for the family to adore. As you dine at the solid maple dining room table, savor the radiant vistas of the changing hues of the sky and the estuary tides. Most of all, a outdoor space spans the length of the home that provides covered space for those who prefer shade, uncovered space for those who relish the sun, and a screened-in porch, all overlooking the water (Dock in the photos belongs to our neighbor). A grille is available for your outdoor preparing comfort. A huge, modern, washer and dryer will take care of all your laundry needs, should you need them. An office with a desk also has trundle bed that sleeps 2, overlooks the marsh and your own private bridge which leads to the home. Wi-Fi is available all through the home.
For a true sense of the water and waterlife, bring old tennis shoes and at low tide you can walk to the far side of the uninhabited island behind the home. There’s a modest beach there where you can relax with no one to interrupt your thoughts, except perhaps the distant sound of a lone seagull.
This home is located ten mins. from historic downtown Beaufort, where you can walk the boardwalk and harbor, stop in local artisan stores, sip a drink of your choice at many open air eateries, or visit the N.C. Maritime Museum. Beaufort is protected from the sea by two barrier islands- the Rachel Carson Estuarine Reserve which includes Bird Shoals and Carrot Island, and Shackleford, which is one of the islands that makes up Cape Lookout National Seashore. Ferries from Front St in Beaufort take you to Shackleford, which is remote and enchanting and peaceful and a very special place.
Charter fishing is available everywhere, for those who are interested. Grocery store and fish market are 10 mins. from the home. Atlantic Beach and Fort Macon State Park are a brief 20 min. drive away, where you can bury your toes in the sand and surf the sea waves. The N.C. Aquarium, on Pine Knoll Shores, is 10 mins. west of Atlantic Beach. More details of happenings around Beaufort will be available to you once you rent this home.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you guide books with savings for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Search for these books and discount books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the same activities with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak times offer sizeable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a certain Morehead City atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed due to personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tricks & Tips
First-timers are often times surprised at the number and selection of short-term rentals available in the Morehead City area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to select a property that matches their desires and spending budget.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be delighted to learn that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Unparalleled water views! Nothing like this!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Read this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Morehead City rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Morehead City rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Morehead City you'd like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you should have. Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. In most cases, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental property with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Sometimes the senior generation has trouble with stairs. Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
When the place, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find property damage, or if fixes are needed contact the property manager immediately. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they like the rental home? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 4.0 miles
- Dank Burrito - 3.5 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.9 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 4.0 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.7 miles
- City Kitchen - 2.9 miles
- Dragon King - 3.3 miles
- Rolandâ€™s Barbecue - 3.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.7 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.7 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.7 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 3.8 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 4.0 miles
- Beaufort Club (The) - 1.8 miles
- Beaufort Pirates Revenge - 3.6 miles