- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDown the ' Road Less Traveled!'
Utopia at the end of a mile dirt path. Splendid 5 bedroom, 4 bath waterfront bungalow 6 miles from historic Beaufort. Anchor your modest flat bottom boat right in front of the home for daily appreciation! Kayaks, clam rakes, crab pot supplied!!! Big porches with a expansive view of charming North River, facing Shackleford Banks! Smooth drive to Harkers Island, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, Salter Path, and Emerald Isle!
Many household items are supplied for your appreciation:
paper towels, trash bags, dish liquid, dishwasher powder, soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers, toilet paper, washing powder, Clean linens are on beds, and we supply plenty of dish and bath towels! The kitchen is thoroughly loaded with tons of extras.
A great destination for families and good friends. Sandy beach in front yard, ideal for launching kayaks, canoes, sailboats, wind surf equipment, crabbing, floundering, sunbathing, watching for dolphins, exploring, and just escaping from the 'real world'!
At the end of the day, adore a inviting drink on the balcony, taking full advantage of the incredible view of North River. (it's not very a river...it's a vast view facing Shakleford banks!) Listen to the gentle waves on the beach, appreciate the coastal wildlife, and make a toast to a spectacular sunset!!! Cheers! :)
Keywords: Secluded waterfront unit . 6 miles from historic Beaufort. Sandy white beach. Panoramic view of North River, which faces Shackleford Banks. Ideal for family gatherings, kayaking, windsurfing, canoeing, watching for dolphins, or just calming in your beach chair.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and rental homes supply Morehead City area travel discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve particular guests, whether it is downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Morehead City group, from relaxed condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any maintenance issues that may arise.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "Waterfront, private beach, family gatherings, 5 bedrooms, bonfires and sunsets!" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming vacation? Read this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Morehead City rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Pick a Town and Date
Start by figuring out which specific area of Morehead City you'd like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Waterfront, private beach, family gatherings, 5 bedrooms, bonfires and sunsets!" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single member of your company must be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home rate? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Things to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but policies can vary. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Contract
Read through the entire agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
After you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any required fixes.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental property sites seek reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they love their stay? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you're ready to re-book the same property for your next vacation. Otherwise, you have gained valuable rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- The Spot - 3.8 miles
- Dragon King - 4.0 miles
- Blackbeards Grill and Grog - 4.2 miles
- Domino's Pizza Crystal Coast - 4.4 miles
- Rolandâ€™s Barbecue - 4.4 miles
- Taste of China - 4.5 miles