- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Kona Kottage is immaculate. A downstairs studio apartment is ideal for additional space to accommodate 2 families. The studio includes a generous bedroom with 2 queen beds, a den area with a full-size, appealing futon and a full kitchen and bath. A outdoor space area completes the downstairs space.
The upstairs has 3 bedrooms including a enormous master bedroom with a bath, a queen bed in one bedroom and a full / twin bunkbed and twin bunkbed in the 3rd bedroom that also has an adjoining bathroom with shower and double sinks. The appealing den area includes a 55' flat screen TV and is open to the dining and kitchen area. The well-supplied kitchen has new stainless appliances including a dishwasher and a bar area with 4 barstools. A laundry room with washer/dryer is just off of the den area. A huge outdoor space includes a charcoal grille, a table that seats 6, a couple of rocking chairs, and a wicker chair.
It will feel like home when you walk through the door, inviting, tidy, and inviting. It includes 1 garage space for parking your car.
Home includes all the niceties of home including towels, linens, beach towels, DVD movies, games and puzzles. Just bring your clothes. Free, high-speed, wireless internet is supplied.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with special deals for property management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for price reductions. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you book "Kona Kottage Immaculate, Spacious Home With Easy Beach Access", examine our short checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Morehead City the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Morehead City rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Does the chosen rental property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Typically, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Often times the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furry family members. While quite a few vacation homes allow furry friends, rules and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, guests must pay state taxes when booking "Kona Kottage Immaculate, Spacious Home With Easy Beach Access", in addition to various other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to note that in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 1.9 miles
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 2.3 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.1 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 2.3 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.7 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 4.8 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 4.8 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 4.8 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 2.4 miles