- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this renovated 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen supplied with all your needs, a formal dining room and a appealing living room. There are TVs for your viewing enjoyment and also Wi-Fi available. Relish the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, relish the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and vacation properties supply Morehead City area promotional travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak seasons can offer great rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies provide financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve particular visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer their customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to select a vacation home that fits their desires and spending plan.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Before you start to book ""traces Of Yesterday" ", go through our short checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Decide on a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the hardest part of organizing your trip is choosing where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simplier and easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that ""traces Of Yesterday" " works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single member of your company will need to be given the task of collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do some members of your party have special needs? Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure to include your pets. Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company might know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your best opportunity for a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any needed fixes.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental home to confirm you've packed all valuables.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental property websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
How did they feel about the rental? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles