- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this modernized 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen outfitted with all your needs, a formal dining room and a inviting living room. There are TVs for your viewing enjoyment and also Wi-Fi available. Savor the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, relish the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with promotions for lodging, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the same fantastic activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- Desire to avoid the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer up tremendous bargains.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning individuals of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific groups of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers tend to be shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Morehead City area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to find a property which matches their desires and spending plan.
The majority of rental homes in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you think ""traces Of Yesterday" " is the perfect rental home for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Morehead City getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Begin by picking which particular area of Morehead City you would like to browse, and the choose travel dates.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you will need. Consider that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Many vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the rate for your desired trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental property. Generally speaking, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's share.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with patio kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the gang visiting with a dog? Animal policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
After the area, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies will have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest potential for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read through the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required contact the home manager straight away. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites allow customers to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward in regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to solve the problem.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to go back? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be quick. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles