- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Housekeeper Included
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe are "locals" in Emerald Isle, and pleased to host you in our inviting oceanfront home, Sea Star. Whether you are looking for a passionate hideaway, a fun gathering place for the family, or an stimulating fishing destination, Sea Star is the place to be! This delightful sea bungalow includes two separate sides, separated by an open-air breezeway, so your sizable family can holiday together, but still have moments of privacy.
Each side sleeps 9 visitors in 4 huge bedrooms, and each side has two full baths, one downstairs and one upstairs. Kitchens on each side have full niceties, and the cozy furnishings & breezy colors bring the essence of the seashore inside! Each side has 3 generous flat-screen TVs with DirecTV and WiFi.
In addition to being just steps from the surf, Sea Star includes million-dollar vistas from both outdoor space-levels. You will relish hours of leisure on the enormous decks below, and the upstairs King bedrooms offer sliding glass doors and a outdoor space with unmatched vistas of the shining sands and crystal water. Sip a glass of wine from the upper outdoor space as the sun sets, then create a masterpiece in the kitchen - with freshly-caught local seafood, of course!
This listing is for Sea Star, whole home (Vacation Rental By Owner #1193146), offering both sides, each with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. If you plan a holiday with 9 or fewer visitors, please look for Sea Star East (Vacation Rental By Owner #1091861) or Sea Star West (Vacation Rental By Owner #1145098) to modify your occupancy options. Rent with confidence - we are members of "Fireball Approves," a secure owner-verification site.
Come beach with us!
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with deals for rental properties, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of those terrific activities at a generally considerable discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Consider getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Morehead City gang, from quiet condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be happy to realize that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Spectacular Views! OCEANFRONT Emerald Isle, NC - "Sea Star" offers 8 BR, 4 BA" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming visit? Read through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked early. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Morehead City rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Begin by deciding which particular area of Morehead City you want to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "Spectacular Views! OCEANFRONT Emerald Isle, NC - "Sea Star" offers 8 BR, 4 BA" satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each party knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What property features is your group searching for? Do you simply want a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near wildlife? Are bed sheets included with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Occasionally the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the family travelling with a dog or cat? Pet policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
Read the entire agreement and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To assure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of advice.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental property to confirm you've packed all personal belongings.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Virtually all vacation rental sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to re-book next year? Maybe everything was wonderful and you are all set to reserve the rental home for next year. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.5 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.6 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.8 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.9 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 4.9 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.2 miles
- Chowdaheads - 3.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.4 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.2 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.8 miles
- Country Carriage Stables & Tours - 3.3 miles
- Cedar Street Park - 3.3 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.4 miles
- Emerald Club Tropical Beach Bar - 3.4 miles
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier - 3.5 miles