- 8 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyShips Quarters: Great place for a family reunion, duplex with sizable decks for families and connecting covered decks 8 bedrooms with 2 kitchens and 2 living rooms! Dazzling tiki bar and private pool for the family to savor, with outdoor bathroom and two showers. Located on second row, between sound and sea. Two Childrens's bunk rooms and two masters with jazucci tubs. Splendid vistas of sea and sound from all four covered decks of this second row home located at the Striking point of Emerald Isle! Savor your morning coffee while watching the sun appear over the sea on the front outdoor space. Then access one of two convenient walkways for a day of sunbathing, swimming, surfing, fishing and shelling at one of the widest beaches in the southeast.
Return to the home for a inviting dip in the generous private pool. Later in the evening, watch an gorgeous sunset over the sea or Bear Island to the west while appreciating an evening drink. The rear decks also offer an unobstructed view of Bogue Sound while gazing across the historic coast guard station.
There are many close by attractions for the whole family to adore while visiting Emerald Isle. Visit historic Beaufort and Morehead City, take a 15 min. ferry ride to Shackleford Banks where you can see wild horses and find whole sand dollars, scotch bonnets and conchs. Even closer, is the state aquarium and Fort Macon where you may catch a re-enactment of a Civil War battle.
We guarantee this will be one of the peerless and most peaceful holidays you will spend! You will not want to leave and will depart only at the promise of a return visit in the near future!
Keywords: 8 bedrooms, two kitchens and living rooms, enormous decks on front and back! Great place for family get-togethers; sizable patio/tiki bar next to pool with outdoor showers and bathroom!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties supply Morehead City area vacation discount guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for discounted rates. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are basically catered to specific visitors, whether it's soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer clients the option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to select a property that matches their desires and spending plan.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "8 BEDROOMS At the Point! Pool, Elevator, Great Ocean and Sound Views!", review our brief list of issues to consider.
Search Early and Often
Morehead City rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Decide on a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the most challenging part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
How many family members are joining your vacation? Try to remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "8 BEDROOMS At the Point! Pool, Elevator, Great Ocean and Sound Views!" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving an expensive rental home. One member of your family will have to be responsible for getting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or near wildlife? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Special Things to consider
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party traveling with a domestic pet? Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but policies differ. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Rental management companies and home owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required repairs. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. More often than not, surrounding properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to offer reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your comments.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific vacation rental. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.3 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.3 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.7 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 2.3 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 2.8 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 4.1 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 2.0 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 2.3 miles
- Harrikaâ€™s Brew Haus - 2.5 miles
- Dudley's Marina - 2.6 miles
- Water Boggan - 2.6 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 2.7 miles