- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this Property'Carolina Dawn' is a restfully furbished and entirely supplied oceanfront duplex (East side) steps from the superb sandy beaches and crystal clear waters of Emerald Isle, one of the most family amiable beaches in the Southeast. It sleeps 11 people and is supplied with complimentary wifi, cable tv, and local phone service. There are 2 Oceanfront Master Suites with King sized beds, bathrooms and private decks. A third Oceanfront room has a Queen sized bed and oceanfront outdoor space. The two other rooms offer vistas of the Sound. One has a queen sized bed. The other has a full sized bed and a twin bed, ideal for children. The kitchen is thoroughly outfitted and offers a great view of the sea as you prepare. The dining room table seats 8 and the upsized bar seats 4. There's a gas grille on the carport along with an assortment of body boards, sand toys and more. A private, spray off area and outdoor shower (with hot & cold water and a hand-held shower head) make tidy-up painless. Well-behaved dogs are welcome with a $100 non-returnable deposit (per dog, depending on size). Other niceties include flat screen "intelligent" tvs, DVD players, a sound system with outdoor speakers and ipod hook-up. Infant gates on the main outdoor space protect little ones (and dogs and cats).
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with promotions for accommodations, dining and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to shift your trip dates? Off-peak times provide substantial discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are most anticipating ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and attractions you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Morehead City crew, from peaceful condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Do you think "Family and Dog Friendly Oceanfront Home, Newly Renovated" is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned hot spots, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked very early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months before a trip. A lot of households prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can often be tricky between family, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure that "Family and Dog Friendly Oceanfront Home, Newly Renovated" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your group will have to be responsible for collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Are you looking for a rental with open-air dining area? Does the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are bed linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Appropriate access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local companies generally have a unique selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read through the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to make certain that you've packed all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. How did they like the rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great vacation home. Maybe the rental home was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Island Water Sports - 3.3 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 4.1 miles
- The Trading Post - 4.1 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.1 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 4.5 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.8 miles
- Chowdaheads - 3.8 miles
- The Village Market - 3.8 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 5.0 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 0.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.3 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.7 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.0 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 3.1 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 3.3 miles
- Country Carriage Stables & Tours - 3.3 miles