- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Housekeeper Included
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe are "locals" in Emerald Isle, and pleased to host your family holiday in our inviting oceanfront home. Whether you are looking for a passionate hideaway, a fun gathering place for the family, or an breathtaking fishing destination, Sea Star is the place to be! This alluring sea bungalow includes two separate sides for individual families, or you may rent both sides for sizable groups!
Each side sleeps 9 visitors in 4 big bedrooms, and each side has two full baths, one downstairs and one upstairs. Kitchens have full amenities, and the cozy furnishings & breezy colors bring the essence of the seashore inside! Each side has 3 enormous flat-screen TVs with DirecTV and WiFi.
In addition to being just steps from the surf, Sea Star includes million-dollar vistas from both outdoor space-levels. You will adore hours of recreation on the copious decks below, and some upstairs bedrooms offer sliding glass doors with a outdoor space, tall viewing chairs and unmatched vistas of the shining sands and crystal water. Sip a glass of wine from the upper outdoor space as the sun sets, then create a masterpiece in the kitchen - with freshly-caught local seafood, of course!
This listing is for Sea Star East (Vacation Rental By Owner #1091861). Look for availability in Sea Star West (Vacation Rental By Owner #1145098) to double your occupancy options at Sea Star, or if Sea Star East is not available for your preferred dates. We also have a full-home listing for Sea Star if you plan a bigger family holiday, and would like to rent the whole home at one time (Vacation Rental By Owner #1193146). Rent with confidence - we are members of "Fireball Approves," a secure owner-verification site.
Come beach with us.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you printed guides with special offers for accommodations, dining and attractions. Search for these guides and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those attractions with a possibly considerable discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds of people and save money? Off-peak times offer up sizeable discounts.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer price cuts to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many rentals can be found in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you think "OCEANFRONT 4 BR/2 BA with stunning views! 2 King BRs open to upper deck!" is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Morehead City vacation homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest selection of properties, we advise searching and booking your Morehead City rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Consensus can often be difficult among close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Most vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired trip. It might be at the top end of the range. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure everyone understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most of the time, one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
What property features is your family trying to find? Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home rate? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Remember to include your companion! Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. Examine your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included.
Best places to Search
Once the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Entire Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
After you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the local community. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most vacation rental web sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Did they love their stay? We hope this guide steered you to a great home away from home. If not, you have gained valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 3.6 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.7 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 4.1 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.4 miles
- Chowdaheads - 3.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.2 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.3 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.7 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.1 miles
- Country Carriage Stables & Tours - 3.2 miles
- Cedar Street Park - 3.5 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 3.5 miles
- Emerald Club Tropical Beach Bar - 3.6 miles