- 1 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur completely modernized vintage bungalow is located on Front Street and offers a generous & very appealing living and dining room area. The kitchen is thoroughly supplied for your appreciation. Laundry Room w/ stack-able washer and dryer and ½ bath are located on the first floor.
A peaceful bedroom with a queen size bed is located on the second floor w/ full bath.
The second floor porch has outstanding water vistas. Live oak trees home many feathered friends and envelope the area making the porch feel like a tree home. A very private and fabulous place to read, relax, reflect.
This bungalow has been remodeled to accommodate two visitors but no dogs and cats.
It is a fast drive by car or bicycle ride, less than one mile, from our home to the Front Street Historic District which offers a selection of excellent eateries & bars, pool hall, museums, waterfront boardwalk with boats anchored from places unknown, coffee stores, wine bar, magnificent casual shopping, ferries to take you to the barrier islands and Cape Lookout.
Walking through the shaded streets brings you to the past with glamourous homes, some dating back 250 years or more. Houses owned by ship captains, merchants, fishermen & pirates. And let’s not forget the old Beaufort Burying Ground, one of the oldest cemeteries in North Carolina. It is not surprising that Beaufort, NC - has been voted the coolest modest town in the United States.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply Morehead City area travel discount catalogs that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the business itself. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up substantive discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for price reductions. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's downtown rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Morehead City atteaction that you just love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short term rental homes available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Morehead City family, from quiet condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rentals in Morehead City are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may occur.
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and booking the right vacation property:
Before you book "Carrot Island - Wild Ponies - Boats - Birds - Sunsets - All in View", examine our short collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Morehead City the best rental properties are booked early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Agreement can be difficult among loved ones, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be aware that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Does your selected vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a costly rental home. Normally, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each party's share.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you only desire a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or in close proximity to shopping? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Commonly the senior generation has problems with staircases. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines can vary. Many constraints could dismiss a prospective rental home. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. Your best chance of a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage when you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, neighboring residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your review.
Use Your Experience
Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 4.1 miles
- Dank Burrito - 1.4 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 4.2 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.9 miles
- Taste of China - 0.9 miles
- Domino's Pizza Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- Rolandâ€™s Barbecue - 1.0 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 1.2 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 1.2 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 1.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.3 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 3.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 4.0 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 1.2 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 1.2 miles