- Atlantic Beach
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyPerched up high over the dunes, the freshly constructed Paxton Cottage offers priceless expansive sea vistas from its wide covered porch, modern kitchen and living and dining areas! This meticulously designed 1700 sf bungalow has an abundance of character with shiplap walls, an inviting and sizable open concept floor plan, 10 feet ceilings, and spectacular vistas of the great Atlantic! Eclectic and trendy decor combines both a mid-century vibe with a light and airy coastal feel. There are two sitting areas - one on each floor, and three bedrooms and a additional room which all restfully sleep 10. There are 3 full baths, including one with a tub, and a big private outdoor shower . Located a peaceful street, the Paxton Cottage is a block away from the most great fine dining on the beach, and brief walking distance to the Atlantic Beach Circle, the Oceana Pier, and Amos Mosquito's.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you travel guides with deals for rental management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are your travel dates changeable? Off-peak times provide substantial discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies provide price cuts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to particular vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer guests the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and wide selection of weekly rental homes available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an optimum getaway to suit their Morehead City gang, from quiet condos to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may occur.
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach ", go through our short collection of points to consider.
Search Early and Often
Morehead City rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of families choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be difficult between close relatives, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you want a vacation property with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect property.
In some cases the older generation has challenges with staircases. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the party visiting with a four-legged friend? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds could be restricted. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of comparable properties that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest chance of a reduced rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
Read the whole agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, travelers will need to pay local taxes when renting " New beautifully decorated Oceanfront Cottage in heart of Atlantic Beach ", in addition to any other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager straight away. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to make sure you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be easy. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 0.8 miles