- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe ideal home away from home for your holiday. Our generous, inviting family bungalow is outfitted with everything you will need while on holiday. This home is ideal for multiple families with children as we have a huge loft on the top floor that has its own bathroom and sleeps 8. There are 4 additional bedrooms, all with Queen beds.
Mere steps from the beach, our second row home has both sea and sounds vistas. Two porches on the oceanside feature rocking chairs and sea vistas. There is a enormous, stainless grille ideal for entertaining!
The main floor includes a great room with abundant sitting room, TV, a sizable dining table, and French doors which open to one of the porches. The kitchen is a prepare's dream: gas stove and oven, granite countertops, a huge double sink, and side-by-side refrigeration. Our family loves to prepare, so we think the kitchen will have everything you need and more! If preparing isn't your thing, there are MANY great eateries close by with options for all tastes and price ranges.
All bedrooms feature comfortable queen beds - these are not your average rental beds. One bedroom with attached bath is located on the main floor, three bedrooms are on the second floor, one with attached bath, and the loft on the third floor with bath has 3 Queen beds and two twins.
The second floor includes another sitting room with a sizable couch, a sizable flat screen TV mounted on the the wall (with HD cable), and French doors which open onto the second porch. There are three bedrooms on this floor, the master with attached bath and two others with a shared bath. The washer and dryer are also located on the second floor.
The third floor is a sizable loft with with 3 queen beds, 2 twin beds, and a bathroom. The dazzling loft has constructed in drawers and a closet. The loft has great vistas of both the sea and the sound!
Our family has delighted Atlantic Beach for over 70 years. We constructed this home for our family and others to savor, so it has amenities and touches that most units lack. We have games, books, and beach chairs for your appreciation. An enclosed outdoor shower helps you tidy up before coming in. Vehicles can park under the home and behind the home. 6 cars fit comfortably (more could be accommodated). We have unique wood floors everywhere, which are made with wood that was refurbished from our family's farm in eastern North Carolina.
Atlantic Beach and the surrounding area has much to do for any age group. It is also a outstanding place to visit in the off-season.
You won't be disappointed with our home. We hope you will find yourself Atlantic Beach-bound soon!
Keywords: Beach bungalow, bungalow, Beach home, Big, Family Chummy, Pet Neighborly, Steps from the Beach
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental managers and vacation rental properties supply Morehead City area discount guides which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Search for these publications and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a often substantial discounted.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Off-peak times provide remarkable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for price reductions. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most anticipating ? If there's a certain Morehead City activity that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Advice
You might be surprised to learn how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Morehead City gang, from restful condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the right vacation property:
Before you start to book "Beautiful, Family Friendly Home ", read through our brief collection of things to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Morehead City vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Choose a Village and Date
Begin by picking which specific area of Morehead City you want to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Establish Your Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Determine the price for your chosen trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check to make sure everyone knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened deck a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental contract, or will you need to take your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Frequently the older generation has challenges with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be limited. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
When the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies will often have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental home has everything you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, travelers will need to pay state taxes when booking "Beautiful, Family Friendly Home ", as well as any other fees which may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To assure no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find damages, or if repairs are required contact the property manager immediately. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation home is required to be in good shape. Sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before you leave.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to offer reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a great time? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Maybe the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Circa 81 - 3.7 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.5 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.7 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.9 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 2.1 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.6 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.7 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.1 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 4.2 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 4.2 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 4.2 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.9 miles