Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental properties supply Morehead City area discount magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Desire to avoid the crowds and reduce costs? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of property management companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners frequently offer their clients the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are often times surprised at the range and wide selection of short term properties available in the Morehead City area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many beginners will be happy to discover that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Before you decide to book "UPDATED OCEANFRONT, MULTI-LEVEL CONDO AMAZING PANORAMIC VIEWS", review our short list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Morehead City rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Morehead City vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Morehead City you prefer to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is joining, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your company. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Make a Budget
Will your chosen vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Normally, one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards for use during your stay? Create a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furrry friends. While a number of vacation rentals permit canine companions, rules and costs vary per rental. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
Start your Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Morehead City local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Be sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Often, adjacent households are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make certain that you've packed all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. How did they like the rental? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with the next search.