- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyInquire about discount for July 4th week!!! Must get this week booked ASAP!!!
Pool opens up April 15, 2019!! Rent now for a great holiday!
This Tar Landing condo is the ideal family holiday home...bring multiple families and friends to adore the breath-taking sea vistas! Come sit on Papa Jim's front porch and have an ice cold glass of sweet tea...relax and relish the sunset with a glass of wine. The roomy & peaceful condo is outfitted with everything you will need while on holiday. Saturday to Saturday units only during prime season of June, July and August. Renters are allowed 2 cars only at unit. 24 hr complimentary public parking is a few streets down for any excess cars...Henderson Dr.
As you enter into this handsome condo, on the left side you will see a bedroom with two twin day beds. A full bath connects with the next bedroom-which has three twin beds and a full bed. This area would be ideal for the children to gather in. There is a tv in this room for the children to appreciate.
Head upstairs to the second floor where you will find the handsome kitchen with modren granite counter-tops. The kitchen opens up directly to the living room and dining area, and from there head outdoor on the outdoor space to see the spectacular view of the sea. There is a tv in the main living room for family viewing. Just past the kitchen is a bar area and a full bath that leads into another bedroom. This bedroom has a Queen bed and a set of bunk beds. Notice the private door that leads outdoor...
The top floor has two bedrooms, both with king size beds. Each bedroom has it's own huge bathroom with double vanities. *Bonus* there is an additional shower that joins both bathrooms together! Plenty of places for everybody to get cleaned up after the beach :) Both of these room have tv's to savor a little inviting time.
This gorgeous home will conveniently accommodate 15 people and is extremely close to Fort Macon’s State park. No boats, jet skis, trailers or campers or motorbikes are allowed at Tar Landing.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental homes provide Morehead City area discount catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or via a partnership between the management company and the local itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- In a position to modify your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Morehead City activity you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide variety of short term rental properties available in the Morehead City area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Morehead City family, from low-noise condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Morehead City are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and practical knowledge to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Below are some tips and tactics to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you think "July 4th week STILL OPEN! Huge Discount!! Inquire for pricing!!" is the perfect rental for your upcoming visit? Read through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned destinations, In Morehead City the best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Agreement can be challenging between family, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Choose a Size
Determine who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your party. Most vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Does your preferred rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. One individual in your group must be responsible for getting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental property with outdoor lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property payment? Create a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Occasionally the older generation has challenges with stairs. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Remember to include your pets. Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Many constraints could eliminate a prospective rental property. Examine your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive collection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of similar homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read The Agreement
Read through the entire contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers must pay local taxes when booking "July 4th week STILL OPEN! Huge Discount!! Inquire for pricing!!", as well as any other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
After you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent residences are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental management companies and rental websites permit renters to provide reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine about your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better know how to refine your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 2.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.1 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 2.1 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.3 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.7 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 2.7 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.7 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.3 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles
- Carolina Princess - 1.8 miles