- Many rental managers and vacation rental properties supply Morehead City area printed travel magazines that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Look for these magazines and discount books, because this allows vacationers to take advantage of those wonderful activities at a often significantly discounted.
- Able to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get promotions. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. You'll get the most value from a home which most directly matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide range of short-term rentals available in the Morehead City area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Morehead City vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think " POPULAR RENTAL ~ Fantastic Studio Condo located on the inter coastal waterway" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Morehead City rental homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Morehead City rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of visitors prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Village and Time
Sometimes, the hardest part of planning your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is much easier.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be aware that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Most vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental home. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What home features is the group searching for? Do you just want a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do members of your group have specific needs? Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your furry family members. Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. A number of limitations might dismiss a prospective rental home. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Morehead City local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your easiest prospects for a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Contract
Read the whole agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. We also advise promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation much more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental home to assure you've gathered all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most property management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. Otherwise, you have gained valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.